11: Confession

The sun was setting and Krishnaa was exhausted

The sun was setting and Krishnaa was exhausted. They had walked the entire day, barely resting on the way. The were travelling through the forest since it was the shortest route and the easiest, if you don't want to get noticed.

Parth had been gone for a while, in search for dry wood apparently. She leaned back against the tree and slowly dozed off. She was awoken by someone shaking her lightly.

She opened her eyes slowly to look into hazel ones. Parth was kneeling down in front of her, his face inches away from hers. She shivered at their proximity. "Cold"?, he asked in a deep voice, rubbing her hands with his calloused palms.

She nodded, feeling too shy to reveal the actual reason. "Where were you?", she asked in a groggy voice.
"Follow me", he replied, helping her up. They walked for a few minutes before Parth suddenly halted.

Krishnaa gave him a confused look as he pulled out a piece of cloth and tied it around her head, covering her eyes.
"Parth", she whimpered.
"Shh", he whispered, his warm breath on her ear.

She shivered again but Parth did not seem to notice. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and guided her through the trees. After walking for some more minutes, they stopped again and Parth untied the cloth.

She opened her eyes to find the most beautiful sight in front of her. There was an opening surrounded by trees and bushes. Fireflies floated in the air like minuscule lanterns. The moon was peaking through the trees giving the view an enchanting glow.

Parth pointed towards a tree. Two ropes, decorated in flowers were hanging from a branch. At the end a plank of wood was attached, making it a swing. Parth tapped her shoulder, signaling her to go towards the tree. She took slow steps, blushing heavily. As she reached the tree, she heard a whistle.

The tree showered all of it's flowers in her. She raised her arms and twirled, smiling brightly. She stopped and saw Parth staring at her, his eyes were full of love and admiration.

She blushed and turned away, suddenly feeling very conscious, as the move towards the swing and sat down.

She beckoned Parth, who walked upto her and stood behind the swing and gently started pushing it.
"How did you do all this?", she asked in amazement.
"Magic", Parth replied, playfully wiggling his fingers.
"Seriously, just tell".
"What can I say? I am just as close to the forest as you are."

She smiled. "You are behaving like this is some romantic getaway instead of a serious mission ".
"Who said it can't be both?", he asked rhetorically. She nodded in agreement.

"Hungry?", he asked after some time of swinging. She nodded, realizing that they hadn't had their dinner yet. Parth held her hand and led her towards the fire. They sat down, facing each other and Parth uncovered a banana leaf on which food was served.

"You made this?", Krishnaa asked, a bit surprised.
"Who else?", he replied. "I realized that you were tired, so I decided to make something myself. "
A took some food in his hand, held it near her lips and fed her. Krishnaa did the same.

They had a lighthearted conversation over dinner. Once they were done with their meal they stood, facing each other. Krishnaa was about to go and find a comfortable spot for the night, when Parth stopped her.

She turned around and Parth held her hands in his. His gaze was intense. She looked at him, not knowing what to expect.
"I just wanted to tell you that you are the most beautiful person I have known. You are very special to me, I have never met anyone like you. "
"I just wanted to tell you that I love you".

Krishnaa wanted to jump in joy on hearing his words but composed herself. "Isn't it a little late", she teased.
"Uh um", he fumbled.
"I love you too. More than anything ", she finally confessed.

Parth beamed. He wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground and twirling her as she squealed and giggled.

The moon being the oy one to witness this beautiful love.

**************************Love the way he looks at her ❤❤

Love the way he looks at her ❤❤

**************************Love the way he looks at her ❤❤