26: Trouble Arrives

It had been two months and a lot of things had changed

It had been two months and a lot of things had changed. Krishnaa and Drishtdyumn had now moved to Indraprasth, where the Maharaj and Maharani had gifted them a house to live in. Krishnaa had started visiting the palace often, helping Maharani Kunti with her duties and even learning about politics and finance from her.

Time spent with Parth had been an absolute day dream. It had been the best two months. The wedding, wasn't much close though. Maharani Kunti had wanted a big wedding for her son, which took quite some time but neither of them had any problem with it. As long as they were together, they didn't care.

Today, Maharaj Pandu was discussing some matters with the Mahamantri Arun, when a guard entered. "Maharaj, Yuraj Duryodhan, Rajkumar Dushasan and Angraj Karn have left for Indraprasth and would be arriving any time soon".
Saying this, he left.

'Duryodhan, Dushasan and Karn are coming?', Maharaj Pandu thought to himself. 'And that too, without informing anyone'.
He personally didn't have any problem with his nephews and their friend arriving all of a sudden, without an official notice. But it was definitely unusual for anyone to do that.

"What do you think Mahamantri, what could be their purpose of arriving in this manner?", Pandu asked.
Mahamantri made an innocent face. "How would I know, Maharaj?", he asked, rhetorically. "Let's just hope that nothing unfortunate happened in Hastinapur".
Maharaj Pandu nodded before going back to the previous discussion.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Duryodhan's chariot rode through Indraprasth. He looked around carefully, observing his surroundings. 'Beautiful city', he thought to himself. 'But not for too long'.
He remembered visiting his paternal uncle in his kingdom once when he was young.

The chariot arrived at the palace. The trio descended from their chariots and walked up the steps. Maharaj Pandu and Maharani Kunti welcomed them, lovingly. Duryodhan looked around. It was just the two of them. "I don't see any of my dear brothers around?", he asked sweetly.
"They aren't here. They are doing their duties", Maharaj replied. "Since you came at such a short notice, they couldn't set their schedules in that manner".

Duryodhan nodded. It was better that the five of them weren't here. They were very intimidating. They entered the palace and were led to the drawing room. "Is everything alright?", Maharani asked. "You came here all of a sudden".

Dushasan smiled at them. "Nothing wrong, Maharani. We heard that bhrata Arjun is to get married, we came here to meet him and wish him and his bride. What was her name.....?".
"Krishnaa. And Arjun is busy training the army. Why don't you wait for him in the guest room. I will send him when he finishes training".

"No need for that Maharani", Karn said. "Duryodhan and Dushasan have visited after a very long time. And this is my first time here. How about we explore the city?"
Everyone agreed to his suggestion. "Very well. I will get the horses arranged".
"No need for that, Maharaj. We would disguise as commoners. We can even talk to some people".
Everyone agreed and the trio was ready to see the city.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Duryodhan was impressed by the kingdom. It was indeed very efficient. No one here seemed to have any complaint against their King. Hastinapur was a powerful kingdom, but Indraprasth had it's own status. He imagined what it would be like to be the king of this place.

'Soon', he thought. While walking, he and Karn turned around and Dushasan was nowhere to be seen. They both groaned, before searching for him. They found him a little behind, staring into space. They nudged him.
"What is wrong with you, Dushasan?", Karn asked in an annoyed manner. Dushasan was speechless and just pointed in the direction of his gaze. Duryodhan and Dushasan followed his finger and was shocked at what they saw.

A beautiful damsel with dusky skin and long raven black hair, picking flowers. Her simple pink sari, complementing her beauty. Duryodhan and Karn were rendered speechless. They stared at her for a while, before exchanging a shocked yet sadistic look.
'Malini', Duryodhan thought. 'Or should I say, Yagyaseni.'

Over the past two months they had been searching for her everywhere. They had sent spies from town to town, city to city, every place of Aryavrat to find her.
And where was she? In his uncle's kingdom, where they least expected her to be. Duryodhan noticed Karn staring at her, longingly. He had mentioned wanting to make her, his. And she will be, once they conquer Indraprasth.

Duryodhan felt a strange feeling of satisfaction. He had been upset when she had managed to escape. They wanted to just kill Ratan then and there. But that wouldn't be possible. There was no one who could take over Panchal without making the entire Aryavrat suspicious.

But now, he had an even bigger reason to execute his plan faster.