25: Rhythm Of Love

Parth suddenly got up from her lap

"What's wrong?", she asked.
"I wanted to show you something", he replied. He pulled her up and led her to a spot in the gardens. His spot. Where his veena was.
"You play the veena", she asked, sounding excited. Parth smiled and nodded. "Ragini had seen it when she had come", he continued. "But you are the one who deserves to see it". Krishnaa smiled at him.
"It is a beautiful veena", she commented.

"I have created a special tune for you?", he whispered in her ear, making her shudder.
"Really?!" She was pleasantly surprised. He was unexpectedly, very romantic. She had a sudden desire to hear his music, to drown herself in the eternal bliss of his love.
"Will you play it for me?", she asked eagerly. Parth shook his head.

"Why not?", she asked, feeling disappointed.
"I will play it for you, just not tonight. I have wanted to play this veena for you when you come here as my wife", he justified. "I will play it for you, the day we are bound together. On the day we get married".

Krishnaa was speechless. She couldn't express her feelings in words. She felt overjoyed and overwhelmed by strong desires. By a strong feeling of love.
But she wouldn't let him know. She raised her eyebrows. "Already made plans for our wedding night, I see", she teased, a tinge of mischief in her voice. Parth chuckled. "Something like that". There was a pause.

"But I still want to hear you play", she demanded. Parth smiled and walked towards his veena and sat down behind it. He stared at it for a while, in deep thought, before he started to play it. Krishnaa couldn't help but stare. His face showed immense focus. His eyes were closed.
She observed his long, artistic fingers as they worshipped the delicate instrument. Krishnaa sat down beside him, closing her eyes, enjoying the music.

After sometime, she subconsciously hummed the tune being played by him. Arjun stopped playing the tune, looking at her in shock and admiration, the veena, long forgotten. But Krishnaa didn't seem to notice as she absentmindedly started humming a different tune, soon adding words to it, as Arjun stared at her, mesmerized. She had such a melodious and intoxicating voice.

Kis Orr Tu,
Kis Orr Main,
Tu jo khiche......
Tu jo khiche wo dor main ,

Mere main jo neer hai,
Tere kaaran ye peer hai,
Ek peeda hai aur pran hai,
Jaise mann koi baan hai.

Ek sundar main, tu darpan hai,
Ye roop tujhi ko arpan hai,
Teri yaad mai pal pal pighlu main,
Ek just si khud ok niklu main,
Tere dhyaan ke badal netra bane,
Mere jeevan ka nishkarsh hai tu.....

Uss Orr tu,
Iss orr main,
Tu jo khiche.......
Tu jo khiche wo dor main.

Krishnaa was pulled back to reality by the sound of clapping. Parth looked at her with pride. "I didn't know that you sang so well", he complimented. "Why didn't you tell me before?"
Krishnaa looked down and smiled. "It's nothing great. I never had any formal training. It's just a hobby. "

"Well, that's unbelievable. We would make a good pair".
"That, we would ".
Parth held her hand in his. "And the way our rhythms match, our hearts do as well", he placed her hand on his chest, his heart hammering under her palm. They looked deep into each other's eyes. Their eyes, conveying the emotions which cannot be conveyed in words.

The lovers sat in bliss, oblivious to their surroundings, conscious only of each other, unaware of the storm that was approaching.