5: Beyond Friendship

It had been months since he first met her in the forest and they have been almost everyday since then

Arjun never had any companion apart from his brothers and cousins and it felt nice to have a friend.

Friend? The feelings he had for her were beyond friendship.

Now, they were sitting at their usual spot by the lake, enjoying each other's presence as a comfortable silence surrounded them.

"I should go", Krishnaa said.

He nodded. "So should I."

They were walking in silence as he observed her. She was indeed very beautiful.

A strong, unknown emotion overwhelmed him and he grabbed Krishnaa by her shoulders, his lips meeting hers.

Krishnaa was shocked at first, but responded passionately. The forest created a magical effect.

They finally broke the kiss but continued to look deeply into each other's eyes.

"Uh I need to go",Krishnaa fumbled, once she came back to her senses. She was blushing heavily, her eyes were staring at the ground.

Arjun nodded and kissed her forehead before parting ways.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dhrishtdyumn saw his sister breathing heavily as she entered the house. Her face was flushed as though she just ran for miles, her eyes held a dreamy look. Her lips were swollen.

He watched her as she walked towards the window, staring at the night sky, a small smile on her lips.

"You look quite happy ",he enquired.

"Just realized that the world is a beautiful place."

He understood that this was about her 'friend', but decided not to question her.

Deep down he was really happy for her. He always felt guilty for not being able to look after her, due to his illness.

Although she never complained, it didn't ease his guilt.

But seeing her today, looking so happy after such a long time, gave him relief.

He prayed that nothing should come between Krishnaa and her happiness.