19: Rajkumar

Krishnaa was sitting in her room, staring at the map as if hoping to magically understand it

Krishnaa was sitting in her room, staring at the map as if hoping to magically understand it. She had asked Drishtdyumn if he knew anything about it, but he didn't. They had spent hours trying to understand what it was, but failed.

Krishnaa's heart skipped a beat when she heard a sound at her window. She got up and saw a bird violently tapping the glass with it's beak. She opened the window and the bird flew in. A piece of paper was attached to it's leg. Krishnaa untied the paper and the bird flew out, disappearing into the night sky. She unfolded the paper and read it.

Dear Krishnaa,
Meet me in the tomorrow, at our usual spot at dawn.
I need to tell you something very important, as soon as possible.
                               Yours, Parth

That's all the letter said. Krishnaa wondered what was the matter. What would have happened, that Parth had to send a letter at this hour and ask her to meet him at dawn itself? Her mind imagined the worst possible scenario. What if Indraprasth has been attacked? What if Parth is hurt or in danger? What about his family? Are they safe?

So many questions. All she felt like doing was going to Indraprasth and finding him. Making sure he was alright, but that wasn't practical. She had to wait for the next day.

              •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arjun was waiting for Krishnaa, in forest. He was tapping his foot impatiently. He had planned out a conversation several times in his head. Everything he would say to her, the ways in which he would pacify her if she gets angry. But he still wasn't sure if it would work. She could sometimes be unpredictable.

"Parth!" he heard Krishnaa call out to him, sounding worried. She ran upto him and placed her hands on his shoulders.
"Are you ok? Did something happen? Are you hurt?', she enquired, checking him for any kind of injury.
"No not at all. Why would I be hurt?", he was confused.
"You wrote a letter to me so urgently, I thought something happened", she sounded relieved. He smiled at her lovingly and placed his hands on her waist. He pulled her closer and gently touched the wounds on her back, making her hiss.

"Does it still hurt?", he whispered in her ear.
Krishnaa shook her head. "Not that much".
Arjun nodded and they stayed in each other's arms for sometime.
"Why did you call me here so urgently?", Krishnaa asked, when she remembered the letter. Arjun felt nervous. He sat her down on a rock and held her hands in his.

"I want to tell you something important", he started. "I had no intention to hurt you, lie to you or hide this from you".
"What is it, Parth?", Krishnaa sounded tensed, her eyes were moist.
"Do you remember the time I took you to see Indraprasth?," Arjun continued. Krishnaa nodded. "You do know how strict they are regarding outsiders. Do you know why did they let us in?"

"Because.........you told me that you work at the palace. I assumed you were friends with the rajkumar and got special permission from Maharaj", she replied, a bit confused.

He smiled at her adorable innocence and wondered what did he ever do to deserve her. He looked up at her and shook his head. "No. I am not friends with any rajkumar actually..........", he took a deep breath.

"I am the rajkumar."