26

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

I waked up expecting the light of the sun to shine on me but I didn't feel it's heat on me.

I opened my eyes to see Arnav smiling widely at me and then, splash. He covered me in water colors.

He laughed at loud and it was like music to my hears. I don't know what I would have done if Arnav had died.

Thank God I followed them and found Arnav and now he has full filled his promise to me.

Thank you Lord.

"Arnav why don't you grow up?" I pretended to be offended. Wait he should be resting, his shoulder was badly wounded.

"I just wanted to full fill the promise I made to you." He said between laughter. Am very sure that I look like color.

"Yes but you said you'd apply colors on me not turn me to one." I yelled but it only made him laugh all the more. Oh how I love seeing him like this and that too because of me.

I stood up from my bed and saw it was wet with the colors including me.

"You are lucky that am going to bath and change soon if not, then you'd be dead."

"I don't think you'd kill me Manu."

"I hope so as well." I frowned at him.

He only smiled to me and said,
"Happy holi Manu."

"Happy holi Arnav." I replied.

He tried standing up but he had to use both his hand to support him. He winced as his wound hasn't healed yet.

"Arnav you have done your promise why not go and rest?" I suggested.

"I will but after I've celebrated Holi." He relaxed back.

"Arnav don't be stubborn and go and rest."

"Why? Are you concerned?" He was amused and if only he knew how cute he looked.

"Stop asking me that and do what I say." I said quickly coming out of my flushed moment.

"Why not just answer me?" He placed his hand on his jaw.

"Why not, am your sister of course." I defended.

"Yes." He said while His expression calmed down.

"So Arnav, will you go and rest?"

"I will but there's something important I have to discuss with you." He suddenly looked serious.

"Even me Arnav but I know you won't believe me."

"What is it?"

"Nothing. I'll say it when you have gotten rest." Am very scared to tell him because am afraid he won't believe me and side with his mother but even so, I still have to tell him.

Maybe later I'll be prepared.

"But I say I have something to say."

"You'll say it when you've gotten rest."

"Manu it's about..." I cut him short.

"I won't listen." I covered my ears. "Go get some rest."

"So now who's behaving like a child." His amused face is back.

"It's you that's acting stubborn and doesn't want to obey."

"But I want to enjoy Holi."
He started dancing.