41

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

I opened my eyes and saw the empty ceiling, I know something is missing but what?

I turned to my right and saw only the sun-dried bricks, I became confused, it's clear this isn't my room.

I sat up immediately and looked everywhere. My eyes met with a pair of chestnut eyes.

"So you are finally awake." He said.

"Who are you and what am I doing here?" I asked.

"Am your brother Vikram."

"Vikram? I don't know any Vikram."

"Well you better forget about Arnav because he's a moron and he's going to get what's coming to him. You need to be on my side after al..." he started explaining but I cut him off, I have no idea what he's talking about.

"Wait, what are you saying? Who's Arnav?"

"What do you mean?"

"You said I should forget Arnav but I don't know you or him and I don't understand what am doing here, why am I here?!" He didn't give me a reply immediately, he just looked at me perplexed.

"Who do you think you are?" He finally asked.

What type of question is that?

"What?"

"Just answer."

"Well I am...am, I am...I don't know." Wasn't my name....?
Wasn't I the daughter of.....?
Didn't I live.....? All information about me were all blank spaces in my head. Who am I?!

He just smiled at me like he was pleased.

"Who am I?"

"Well I'll explain later, just rest for now, trust me, am your brother."

"No tell me now!" I shouted, my head only hurt. I placed my hand on my head to nurse the pain. It ached badly like am carrying a heavy load or that my head is too big for me.
"Okay."

*****
DREAM

Manikarnika just kept walking angrily until she bumped into a woman, she was just about her age just a little smaller. She was adorned richly but her face was not clear.

"I this is not the time, just leave me alone!" Manikarnika shouted.

"Am very sorry Manikarnika, please forgive me." The woman kneeled down and begged but Manikarnika's mind seems to be else where. "please Manikarnika, he had said you are a good person and very nice to people you trust."

"Yes! like you said, people I trust."

She stood up, a tear fell from her eyes. "Ever since I was very young I was in love with Arnav, please Manu."

"You are not allowed to call me that."

"Manikarnika, let me show you that I've changed, I was only jealous. Please."

"One thing I don't understand is, why are you apologizing now?"

"Because he has made it clear to me that he will never love me, not when you are still alive so I've accepted it." She pointed at the direction Manikarnika had just been coming from. "And I also want peace."

"What do you mean he won't love you if am still alive?"

"He loves you that's why."

"What?" The news seems very shocking for Manikarnika.

"Yes, and I've accepted it." She gave Manikarnika a smile and took her hands. "Come let me show you something and you'll believe me."

"In where?"

"The kitchen. There's a surprise."

Then the waters again took over.

______

Please vote comment share follow

With love 💖

Anita 💞💃