Number exchange

I slowly got out of bed, making sure not to wake up the little bird. I was planning on leaving once he fell asleep but I guess I fell asleep with him.

I silently tried to find my way to the living room with no luck. Why do three people need such a huge manor? They should put signs up.

"You seem a little lost. Need any help?" Bruce smirked. Uhhh why him? It's too early for this! He was leaning against the wall. She had never seen him in such casual wear or domestic setting. Though she was sure the t-shirt and sweats were custom made.

"No, I'm good," I crossed my arms. I don't need his help. I'll find my way even if it takes me forever.

" If you insist. But if you change your mind I'll be at the balcony," he smiled. I think that might have been a genuine smile. Before I knew it, I was following him to the balcony. Bruce for once looked real. Plus Dick did praise him a lot! He's such a cute little boy. I did have new found respect for Bruce after learning about Dick's parents but at the same time, a lot of concerns. Is he aware his son is Robin? I would have never guessed if I had not met Robin and Dick at around the same time. Robin had an injury on his left shoulder and coincidentally so did Dick. They were both the same height, the same hair and smile. I could never mistake that smile. Call it a motherly instinct.

"Thank you for staying back for Dick," Bruce broke the silence.

"He's a good boy. I hope you will allow me to visit him from time to time," I smiled.

"Of course. I want to apologize for my past rude behavior. Maybe we could start again?" He pleaded with his cold blue eyes.

"You know, if Dick didn't tell me, I would have thought he was your son. You two look so much alike," I avoided the question. He's dangerous. I almost gave in. Almost. Maybe things would have been different if he didn't treat me like an object! Am I being too shallow? I mean it was just one forceful dance, a couple of insults in public and a lot of -

"I get that a lot," he cut off my thoughts.

"Good morning!" Dick hugged me with his brightest smile.

"Morning little bird," I hugged him back.

"Bird?" Bruce frowned.

"Uh...he reminds me of a bird?" I explained or maybe questioned. "Well I better get going. Dick would be a dear and show me out," I requested. He pouted but nodded.

"Can I get your number? Uh that is if you...."

"Sure Bruce. One more chance but only for Dick," I took out my phone and passed it to Bruce as he did with his. Maybe they could be friends.

Name: Jane LaRoss😜

Phone: ##########

"Bye Bruce," I waved.

"Do you really call me bird because I remind you of one?" Dick whispered.

"When I see you, you always seem like you're flying. Maybe it's the way you walk or the spark in your eyes but yes, you do remind me of a bird," I explained. It was true. I didn't just call him bird because he was Robin.

"She used to .....never mind," he gave a sad smile before pulling me into a run. "Will you stay for breakfast?"

"No. I need to get ready for work. Maybe next time. Oh. And I'll return the clothes later too," I waved goodbye.

Extra:

"Dick, why are you glaring at me?" Bruce finally asked his son, putting down his newspaper.

"Master Dick, it is bad manners to mumble while eating," Alfred corrected.

"I thought you were better at flirting and asking for numbers. You know, being a playboy!" The small boy huffed.

"Well Dick, people ask for my number not the other way around," Bruce sighed.

"There is a first time for everything then," Alfred smirked, high fiving Dick. Bruce grunted in annoyance.

A/N:

Dick: "Kinda short, don't you think?"

Me: "........"

Bruce: "Dick don't be rude!"

Me: "I'll make it longer next time!"

Dick: "Cool! But I'm gonna be in the next part, right?"

Me: ***sweats**** runs away****

Alfred: "Like and comment!"

Dick: "Who thinks I should be in the next part?"