A Special - The Cowl

Thank you everyone for reading! 2 updates in one day!

This is for you @Curious_Rae. This is the idea I was referring to. 

This a side story. Enjoy!

Designing the Bat Suit:

Bruce used his 3-d Wayne enterprises software to begin the design of the Bat-Suit. So far, it was looking good but he was no fashion expert. Alfred stood behind his master, reading his notes while contemplating his suit.

"The long cape does not seem appropriate, Master Bruce. It increases your risk of tripping, getting stuck or being grabbed by your opponent." Alfred was against Bruce dressing like a Bat and fighting crime on the crazy streets of Gotham. But like any parent, he could only hope this phase would pass.

"It's a Cowl not a cape!"

"Master Wayne, I have changed your diapers. This so-called 'Batman' voice and 'glare' do me no harm ." Bruce's ear turned a slight shade of red but he kept his emotionless face.

"Compromise. It stops before reaching my ankles." That was his way of apologizing. Alfred smirked in victory. If nothing else, this proved his master had a long way to go and he was still a kid on the inside. One who cared for his father figure's approval and support.

After getting Robin 1:

"This is your new and improved cap - Cowl. It's bulletproof, resistant to high or low temperatures, has a built in security system - no one but you can wear or remove it and it can discharge non-lethal doses of electricity," Lucius stepped back to allow Bruce to analyze it. Bruce read the file, tested the strength of the material and the weight. It was perfect yet he was frowning.

"It's great -"

"But not entirely what you meant by improving the cowl," Lucius finished for him. Bruce ran his hand over the cowl once more before returning his gaze to Lucius.

"I like the new features but I was hoping to make it detachable, warm, soft and less metallic. More like - "

"A blanket?" Lucius smirked. "Perhaps to accommodate a little Robin?" Lucius continued to tease as Bruce kept his straight face yet his ears said otherwise.

"Like a shock blanket but yes."

"Well you're in luck Mr. Wayne," Lucius pulled out another box. "All features included plus it's like a blanket." Lucius grinned ear to ear as Bruce nodded in approval before giving the man a glare.

"You had this the whole time."

"How could I miss the only possible opportunity to have you flustered?"

After Robin 2:

Bruce looked at the newly improved cowl yet once again he was not pleased. "It needs to be lighter and maybe have a pocket-"

"To store small malnourished angry children who refuse to let go of your leg?" Lucius suggested with a knowing grin. Bruce didn't turn as red as last time yet the slight red did not go unnoticed. "Well your in luck Mr. Wayne - this one also has pockets for storing snacks and is big enough to fit two small Robins."

After Robin 3:

"Let me guess, the cowl needs to have a compartment to store sleep deprived children and maybe a granola bar that has both caffeine and nutrients in it?" Lucius was a family friend and he did play the 'guy in the chair' sometimes.

"Yes." Bruce was getting used to making such requests. He was not getting flustered so easily, especially not after raising three kids, getting insulted by Jane 24/7, Alfred's sarcastic comments, fighting alongside some of the stupidest people in the world, and dealing with the crazy media. He was not going to get flustered yet his ears were a light shade of pink. Lucius just chuckled before handing him a new cowl.

After Robin 4:

"I need - You already know what I need," Bruce glared at Lucius.

"Sorry to disappoint Mr. Wayne, I do not have the ability to mind read," Lucius continued working on his file. Bruce sucks in his pride as he begins his long list of requests.

"I need a cowl with enough space to store two Robins, snacks for two fully grown teenagers, one sleep deprived Robin, one waffle loving Robin, a place to store all the guns and knives Jason keeps pulling out of his pockets - how does he have so much space?" Lucius nodded along as he wrote all that down.

"I need it to be longer. Long enough to cover all five of them. Oh and there's Batgirl. Can we add space for candy? Let's make it warmer too. Maybe it can split into six parts, one for each of them-"

"May I suggest upgrades to the system?" Lucius cut the man off. He had to or he would have continued to rant about all the troubles of raising five of his children, with an addition of Batgirl and his kid's friends. It was a miracle he remembered and knew what each of them liked and needed. He deserves more credit than he gets.

"Can we add sleep music in the cape -"

"Cowl you mean. Mr. Wayne you need sleep," He did have huge dark circles under his eyes. Not to mention, he kept looking between where Lucius was and the space beside him. Lucius was sure he was seeing two of everything. With that Lucius directed a very sleep deprived Bruce to his car.

"Get some rest Bruce."

Robin 5:

"We need to make the pockets more secure. Damian keeps on stealing back what I confiscate. Also maybe add space for a stuffed puppy. He likes animals."

When Dick wears the Cowl:

- This is wayyyyyyyy tooo heavy

-Why does it have so many pockets?

-Ouch. Is that Damian's knife?

-Oooo candy.

-What does this button do? - so warm and fluffy.

-Alfred! The pockets are moving!

-Opens pocket.

-Tim! So that's where you've been! I thought you got lost in time again!

-Why is there a pocket labeled 'angry Robins' ?

-Wait! That's where he puts the angry Robins ! (Turns pale)

-Oh, what does this button do?

-Oh no! Alfred I broke the cape into 10 pieces!

-oh. It's suppose to do that.........

-What's 'kidnap Robin' pocket? - Later on, uses it to kidnap Damian when he runs off with Jon. 

A/N: Like and comment!

💙💙
💙