6

"You wanted to go first! Now quit stalling!" Clarke called out to Finn as he tested the vine yet again.

"Mount weather awaits." I taunted as I uncrossed my arms, dagger in hand and stared unimpressed at the boy. Jasper whispered something about Apogee, the conversation just wasting more time as Finn began to talk about the Apache Indians.

"He knows," well obviously, "today Finn." Clarke scolds.

"Aye, aye captain." He salutes the girl before turning to Jasper, "see you on the other side."

"Final-"

"Wait." Jasper cut me off and stopped Finn from going.

"No!" I groaned, flipping the dagger in my hand and slid it in my sheath, ready to go up there and jump first myself. I was stopped by Jasper taking off and flying across the river.

"Whoo! Whoo! Yeah! Uh-oh." The last noise was quiet as he let go of the vine too early and nearly landed in the water.

We all ran to the edge of the rock and waited for Jasper to stand up. Finn and I grabbed the vine to stop it from swinging over the water and out of reach. I was too busy waiting on Jasper to even care about the somewhat friendly behavior I was showing towards him by offering him a smile.

"WE ARE APOGEE!" Jasper yelled, his arms pumping with each word. His shout was met by shouts of encouragement from our side of the river.

"Yeah, Jasper!" I yelled, letting my excitement out. We were so close to Mount Weather, so close to food and supplies that would help us survive.

"Let's go princess." I turned to look at Finn and Clarke who were giving each other a weird look. I wasn't sure exactly what it was but I didn't like it. "You're up." I turned from Clarke knowing that she was a big girl and could make her own decisions, but it would have made me feel better for more people to be on the opposite side instead of just Jasper should they need to defend themselves.

"Come on, Clarke! You got this! Whoo! APOGEE!" I laughed as Jasper spun in a circle, arms raised to the sky. When he finished he turned and walked closer to the forest having caught sight of something. Not too long after did he lift up a metal road sign that had the words 'Mount Weather' in black.

"We did it! Mount Weather!" His yell was followed by cheering, I didn't follow as I saw the state of the sign. Those didn't look like radiation burns. They looked like bullet holes or weapon punctures. Like some sort of blade went through the metal. I was about to point it out when I whistling whooshed past my ear and straight for Jasper.

"JASPER!" I tried to warn him, but by the time I had, the spear was already impaled in his chest. "No." My word was a whisper before I shook my head and pulled my dagger out. I ran over to Monty and Octavia to bring them over to Finn and Clarke who had ducked behind the rock we were previously standing on.

I scanned the forest, a slight rustle in the trees caught my attention as a small flock of birds took off to the skies. We weren't the only people here, and Clarke agreed.

"We're not alone." I gripped the hilt of my dagger tightly, the action comforting as I evened out my breathing. Damnit.

_______•*•*•*•______

We were running back to camp, everyone in front of me as I made sure we weren't being followed by whatever threw the spear at Jasper. Monty was leading, which may have been an okay decision up until he tripped on a root, causing the rest of them to bend down and get him back up while I caught up to them and spun looking around at the trees.

"Monty, get up!" Octavia grunted as she and Finn started to lift the boy up and away from the ground. The ground that had slowly began to grow around bones. Bones that were in fact almost identical to human skeletons.