48

"I'd love it if you were right about this, but did you ever consider this might be a trap." She did have a point.

"Yep, but since it's Unity Day, I decided to have hope instead." There's that word again.

"Hope and I are going to have a nice long chat soon." I grumbled under my breath following after the two Chatty Cathys.

"Ah!" I looked up and saw Finn grabbing his knife wound. Of course he would risk getting his stitches torn for potential peace. I let Baby Dr. Griffin take care of her patient and continued forward down the path.

"Today, Cathys!" I wasn't sure if they understood what I meant but the jogging footsteps behind me told me that they knew I wasn't playing around.

"Where's Clarke?" I asked when I didn't see her with Finn.

"Probably thinking." I nodded skeptically. Turning around as I saw Clarke drop something from her pocket. When she didn't pick it up, I continued to stare. And when she made eye contact with me, the poker face she was wearing told me everything.

I let Finn go ahead of us as I waited for Clarke, putting a fake smile on as I walked side by side with her.

"You did not." I whispered in her ear, making sure Finn couldn't hear us.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She sped up to walk beside Finn again and never even glanced back at me. I really hope it was just a rock in her pocket.

Damnit! We'd definitely be talking later.

_______•*•*•*•_______

The sun had rose in the sky by the time we reached an old bridge. Stepping through the foliage, I saw Octavia standing on the bridge staring at Finn and Clarke as I walked up to the other side of them.

"So that's how you set it up. You helped him escape didn't you?"

"Under my orders, Clarke." The blonde turned and stared at me with wide-eyes. "Oh get off your high horse. You were torturing him." I turned to face Octavia as she stepped forward.

"I trust him, Clarke."

"There's a lot of that going around." I wasn't sure why, but the glare Clarke gave to Finn set me off. She was still drunk, slowly sobering up but her emotions were fully on display.

"Clarke, if we are going to do this we need to be diplomatic. You're going to be better on that forefront, so I need you to calm down and get in the right mindset." I kept my voice calm, but stern. She pursed her lips and nodded, eyes widening as she looked behind me.

"Someone's coming." I was going to make a sarcastic remark when Lincoln popped out from the bushes on the opposite end of the bridge.

I watched as him and Octavia ran towards each other, wrapping their arms in a hug. The sight making me high-five myself discreetly. Called it!

Lincoln looked over Octavia's head and glared at Clarke. The blonde began to back away but was stopped when Finn grabbed her vacant hand. I watched him step slightly in front of her and frowned. Finn really needs to stop playing.

I turned back to Lincoln and Octavia as they walked towards us. The former giving me a small appreciative nod before glancing at my dagger.

"Don't even try to lecture me, I don't have any guns." I placed my hands up and mockingly spun around to show that was my only weapon. And to my amusement Lincoln actually smiled a bit.

The sound of beats thundered towards the bridge. I wasn't sure what it was, all I knew was it was big, and coming in fast.

I stepped in front of Finn and Clarke my hand on the hilt of my dagger as I watched the beasts come into view. There were three of them. Horses. I remember vaguely reading about them when reading about Poseidon.