47

I'm not going to say the first thirty minutes were hell. But they were. Clarke was getting herself drunk, teens were trying to get me to drink so that I could,

"Loosen up." It obviously didn't work as I can still consciously make decisions and know what I'm doing. Which doesn't explain how I got here.

Clarke had pulled me over towards the main fire where a few kids were playing drums and the rest were dancing to the rhythm. Something I had read about in old young adult books.

She had drunkenly whispered in my ear that she wanted to dance, dragging me into the crowd where I ran into a few other girls. One being Harper from the wall group, the other Monroe who was full on jumping around.

I kinda just stood their and watched the three of them dance, the rest of the crowd moving as I stood still in the sea of bodies. Eventually Clarke grabbed my hands and moved them with hers. Her advantage was she was drunk and couldn't feel the eyes on my back.

Harper and Monroe noticed and urged me to start moving and jumping with the drums.

"Come on, let loose." Harper yelled over the noice of the drums and teens.

"I don't know how." I shouted back over to her. Feeling ridiculous as I was being moved by Clarke.

"Just feel the beat." I nodded. I was nervous, I tried to remember back to when I first got my music if I managed to dance.

"You're still really tense." Monroe added as she jumped around. Her eyes flicking behind me, and widened.

"What's wrong, why-" I felt the body heat on my back as the person Monroe was looking at walked up directly behind me.

"My turn to teach." I spun around, not forgetting to glare at the three girls who casually scooted away.

"Blake, what the hell? I thought you had watch?" I had to take a step back once I turned and saw how close he was.

"I've got security covered, but I couldn't just stand watching you be miserable. You're a horrible dancer." He added with a smirk.

"Gee, thanks. Cause I've totally danced before." I snarked rolling my eyes. Ignoring the looks the two of us were getting from the drunken crowd.

"That's why I'm here." I froze as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him.

"I'm going to teach you how to dance."

"What if I don't want to learn?" I spat back defensively. I still wasn't sure why I kept freezing around him but I didn't like it.

"Too bad." He grabbed my other hand and spun me around, my body nearly colliding with his at the sudden movement.

"Hey, um. Isn't this inappropriate, you know with the grou-"

"Are you nervous?" He faked gasped and rose his eyebrows.

"N-no, I'm not I just-"

"You so are." I could feel my face flushing as I choked down the blush. His hands not leaving mine.

"Shut up, Blake." I growled as I looked down.

"Hey," I didn't look up, "Persphyni." I still didn't look up. Causing him to grab under my chin and lift my head up for me.

"Just relax." He breathes as he slowly let go of my chin. I tried to breathe in and out, searching for the state I was in on top of the drop ship but I was to hyperaware.

"I ca-"he cut me off by spinning me again. This time I couldn't find my balance and collided straight into his chest. I pushed away from him like he was on fire, the action amusing him as I glared.

"Stop doing th-" the asshole did it again. How he was managing to grab my hand and spin me before I could back away I wasn't sure, and it was terrifying.

"Stop doing what?" He asked a smug grin on his face as I went to step around him.

"Asshole. Stop spin-" I managed to stop mid-spin and spiral back around only for him to adjust and end up dipping me. My right leg flew in the air as my left struggled to support me. His hands were spread holding my back up as my French braid fell onto the ground. He had his right hand underneath my upper chest and his left over my body and around my waist. My two hands clutching his left bicep as I stared at his brown eyes that were way to close and too amused.

"H-how, I- uh." I was out of breath, and I wasn't sure why.

"It's all about reacting. Kind of like fighting but you're moving together with the music and making it graceful." He finally stood me back up our hands not leaving the other's body until I was fully straightened.

"The way you fight, how fluid and practiced, it's just like dancing. Honestly I'm shocked you're this horrible at it." I scoffed and rolled my eyes shooting him a small glare afterwards.

"Well sorry, didn't exactly have a book on 'How to Dance 101'." He rolled his own eyes as he went to grab my hands again.

"Persphyni." I turned my head to the left seeing Finn looking at me. He gave me a small jerk of the head and I have a feeling it's about where he snuck off to thirty minutes earlier.

"Hey, Finn went out to scout a new water source. I think he found it. I need to go talk to him." Bellamy eyed me skeptically but nodded none the less.

"Of course, duty calls. I should get back on security." I slapped his shoulder as he finished speaking.

"I knew it you slacker." Bellamy simply laughed and we walked out of the crowd together. Him going back to where he had been earlier when he forced Clarke to drag me away, and I headed over to Finn.

"What's the 'I made a plan and need you to help me' look for?" I asked once we got closer to the wall and away from peering eyes.

"I followed Octavia to the grounder."

"So you met Lincoln, how's he doing." Finn gave me a stern look that held surprise.

"Of course you would know that they speak English. That's why Lincoln, okay. Look. I set up a meeting."

"Great, I could have just found Lincoln myself you know."

"No, I set it up with someone who has the ability to call a truce. Lincoln said to bring you and only you. As you would be able to convince them, but I managed for Clarke to come as well." I slapped my forehead as he told me drunk Clarke might be coming.

"Finn she's drunk, and she's with Bellamy on this war. I'm the only one who actually wants peace." He looked at me troubled as his eyes flicked behind me.

"You already told her didn't you?" I sighed looking down and rubbing my temples. "Shit, okay. Fine. Led the way Collins. You're on Griffin duty." I whispered the last part in his ear once Clarke walked up to us.

"Persphyni?"

"Don't screw this up, Clarke." And I walked away. Bringing Clarke wasn't a good idea.

"Hey, we agreed no weapons." Finn shouted coming up to me when he caught sight of my dagger.

"Relax, I didn't bring my gun. And my dagger stays with me." I spoke with authority and Finn almost opened his mouth to respond but a sharp glare from me shut him up.  

"Why is she so grumpy?" I could hear Finn ask.

"Bellamy was trying to teach her how to dance."

"Ohh. Makes sense."

"Shut up and move, both of you in front now. Finn lead the way. I want to get there earlier to scope out the meeting place." The two of them didn't hesitate as they jogged to get in front of me.

"Where's the poison sumac when you need it."

"Ow!" Finn rubbed the back of his head where I had thrown a nut.

"Keep going, Spacewalker."