57

It's been two days since we blew up the bridge. Bellamy, Clarke, and myself have been on high alert. We took turns checking for any signs of grounders. Bellamy and Clarke stood atop the rock, which they are currently standing on now, as I did actual surveillance rounds. Meaning I was in the woods scanning a five mile radius around the walls of camp, which I was doing now.

I stopped as I saw Clarke and Bellamy standing atop the rock and waved towards them. Keeping it calm and small, so they wouldn't think I was endanger or anything. I watched Clarke raise a hand and wave back, as Bellamy just shook his head. I was too far away to see their facial features but I figured they were both laughing at me.

I wrapped up my round soon after, checking around the stream and waterfall a bit longer than necessary but it was worth it. Just like stealing another one of Bellamy's blankets. He had plenty and I was getting my small tent cozy.

Speaking of getting cozy, someone decided to make a really big fire. And once I got closer I could see what was actually happening. Our meat house, was on fire.

"Get water! Fast! Is everyone out of there!" I yelled as I ran over. Covering my mouth as smoke reached me.

"Murphy just went inside, Octavia was still in there." I nodded at the teen, watching the entrance as two silhouettes came out. I ran over to them and helped the middle one over to a clearing. Setting them both down, my two co-leaders joining me as we watched the flames eat away our meat. The meat I had spent a whole day catching.

"This is all your fault." Murphy started, standing up. "We told you that it was too much wood!" I watched him start to fight with another teen.

"Get the hell away from me." I looked at Bellamy and he sighed, going to break up the fight. We had decided we'd take it in turns to break up fights. As having to take care of more than three fights a day, made me want to knock out all participants, the three of us had decided we'd have a system. That system was, "I'm looking at you first so you have to do it". Works like a charm.

"Hey! Hey!" Bellamy managed to unlock Murphy's grip on the guy. "Stop!" I watched amused as Bellamy stood between them and held out his arms keeping the two separated. "Save it for the grounders." Bellamy directed towards Murphy.

"Well, now, what the hell are we going to do?" I agreed with Octavia. I could have collapsed to the ground and curled in a ball as I thought about how heavy carrying all that meat was.

"That was all the food!" Bellamy, Clarke, and myself all stared at each other. We'd need to have a discussion, and not in public.

_______•*•*•*•_______

"Any idea what happened?" Clarke walked over to where Bellamy was crouching in the ash as I stood with my arms crossed.

"Murphy says that Del kept feeding the fire, mostly because Octavia told him it was a bad idea." Bellamy relayed the story had I just told him not even a minute ago.

"And we believe Murphy?"

"Yes, and I checked in with Octavia. Stories match." I spat the first word at her with a bit of aggression. They really needed to get over that night. Especially if we wanted to survive.

"We have some wild onions and nuts in the dropship." I groaned when she reminded me of the Jobi Nuts, thank you Lincoln. "It's only enough to maybe last us one or two weeks." I nodded.

"By then I can get twice as much as I brought in yesterday." I looked at the two waiting for someone to say something.

"You aren't going by yourself." Bellamy spoke finally as he stood up.

"Like hell I ain't. Blake, I don't need help. Besides, no one here can hunt with me." It was true. I had tried to take groups out, but it always ended up with me wanting to strangle them or leaving them near the wall of camp.

"Challenge accepted."

_______•*•*•*•_______

"Every group takes someone with a gun!" Bellamy shouted as the teens split into groups for hunting parties. Apparently everyone we could spare was going. Meaning there would be more people in the woods. More noise, more competition.

"They're for killing grounders, not food! We don't have the ammo!" I stood beside the exit, handing out our handmade weapons. Ranging from, spears to axes to knives to hammers, I passed them all out.

"Get what you can before nightfall! No one stays out after dark! Is that clear?" I asked as the hunting groups were ready to head out.

"Good, now get out of here. If you can beat me I'll tell a story tonight." That spurred them on. I laughed as they all took off. We may be acting like adults, but we were still teens at heart.

"Ready partner?" I groaned as I remembered he was supposed to join me.

"I'm so running away from your ass once we get passed the wall." He laughed giving me a nudge.

"You can try, but I've gotten much faster." I smirked.

"So have I." I held his axe I had swiped from his belt when he was laughing.

"Impressive. Now let's see who can hunt."

"Try not to get in my way."