27

The sun was rising above the trees as I exited my tent. Heading straight to the washing station to clean up the blood that was still caked on my face and clothes. The tent was empty as I splashed water on my face, scrubbing feeling the dried blood flake off me.

I rubbed some water on my leather jacket just to get the smears of dark red off, my olive tank top would be traded as I think I really ruined it this time. My boots were fine and my jeans were too dark and absorbent to really show anything.

Splashing water on my face I used the inside of my tank to pat it dry. Once I was confident I had gotten as much blood off me as possible I went outside. In search of Clarke to tell her I was going to the lake, only to not find her. And when I went to look for Bellamy I couldn't find him either.

"Monty!" The boy turned around as he stood talking with a darker skinned boy.

"Atlys, why aren't you with the search party?" I rose my eyebrows.

"Search party?"

"Yeah, for Octavia." The guy next to him responded.

"Let me guess, Bellamy and Clarke took off without me."

"Actually, Bellamy went to find Octavia while Clarke and Raven went to go find a part for the radio." I pursed my lips.

"Alright, well, thank you..."

"Miller." My eyes widened a fraction.

"Your first name isn't Nathan by chance?"

"It is. Why?" He rubbed the back of his neck as I stood tall before him.

"No reason, glad to see you're alive. I'll see you two when I get back." I walked away from them towards where the pod had crashed figuring that Octavia would've gone that way when she was last seen.

"Well they aren't very discreet." The search party left so many tracks. So many that even a child could pick up on their trail as soon as they stepped foot outside of camp.

I moved my gun to my inside jacket pocket, dagger in hand, hair in a ponytail the extra hair tie around my wrist. I checked to make sure my laces were tied, and I was off.

_______•*•*•*•_______

I had just passed a small group of people headed back to camp. Our short exchange gave me a moment to breathe and confirm I was running in the right direction.

And if I needed anymore, the dead skeletons in front of me were a pretty big sign. Plus the group had said this was where they turned around. Most of them at least.

Why am I always running towards the Dumbass?

_______•*•*•*•_______

"That's not a pleasant sight." It was one of the guys that stuck close to Murphy. Mbege, I think. If I wasn't on grounder land and couldn't hear the distinct shouts of Jasper in the distance. I would have stopped and closed his eyes. But right now Jasper is more important.

"Come on!" I ran in the direction of Jasper's voice. Looking to either side of me I saw grounders running as well.

"We know you're out there!" Jasper shut up! I had pinned their location from Jasper's first yells. But he kept going, the words so loud and mashed together that I couldn't understand them at this point.

A minute later and I had managed to find the group. Bellamy, Jasper, Finn, and a girl I've seen around camp. Surrounded by grounders as they ran towards them. I couldn't run any faster, my sprint having carried me from Mbege's body to here in less than two minutes.

But I pushed, I pushed because I saw one grounder notching an arrow. I pushed because I saw who it was aimed at.

"Get down!" I roared racing through the trees, my course changing slightly as I ran in the direction of the grounder. I could hear the grounders freeze their approach as I came into sight.

"Wanlida?"

"Persphyni?"

I didn't bother turning around towards the group or questioning the first name that was whispered among the grounders. I ran sliding as the grounder finally jumped into action and fired their bow, the arrow flew over me as I got back up.

My momentum only stopping when the grounder laid dead as I threw my dagger into his neck. His bow and freshly notched arrow dropping to the floor as I walked up to him and grabbed my dagger.

I could hear lighter footsteps running and jumping towards me, the footfalls of grounders as they came. Set on a new target. Set on me.

But as they neared me, a loud horn blew. The same horn that blew the day we lost Atom.

"Acid fog." I whispered cleaning my blade off and shoving the dagger in its sheath.

"Acid fog! Let's go!" I yelled as I turned to face the group. Watching Finn pull a tent from his pack.

"There's no time." I forget these people were slow. I ran over to help out with setting them up in a tent. Keeping an eye on the weather outside. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The birds weren't flying away, no bugs crawling to safety. It didn't look like acid fog at all.

But that's what that signal was. So why weren't they adding up.

"Persphyni, let's go!" I looked down to see Finn poking his head out of the tent. Everyone already inside and waiting. I spared one more glance towards the sky.

"Get your ass in here." I shot Jasper a small glare as I went next to him and Finn to get in, only for Finn to move over into the spot I was going to take.

"Fine then." I guess I really should have just stayed out of the tent, cause I got put right up next to the leasing ass himself. I hadn't even started to get under the tent when I saw that Bellamy was going to be next to me.

"You know what, I think I need to go to the other side of the tent." I tried to climb back out but two hands on my leather jacket pulled me back.

"Persphyni, now is not the time." Finn said as he let go of one side of my jacket. I didn't argue even if that all I wanted to do.

Bellamy took his hand off my jacket once he noticed I was going to actually listen and stay in the tent. None of us said anything as I finished getting in the tent and we closed it off so no air could get inside.

The lack of air circulation, plus our breaths and not to mention the amount of heat being produced between Finn and Bellamy, I was a sweating mess. And it wasn't even because I was working out. No, I was crammed in this hell. The need to shift became apparent as a large rock started to dig into my left hip.

"Shit." I hissed, trying to adjust slightly, but ended up finding another poky thing. I just couldn't win.

"Stop moving." I glared at Bellamy. Meeting his brown eyes with my green one. Fire burning in each.

"Stop breathing." We glared at each other. Neither one of us saying anything as the rest of the tent could feel the tension radiating between us. As if it couldn't get worse, the asshole decided to move closer to me.

"You, stop moving." I directed him as he got closer to me. The heat from his right leg and arm now burning through my leather jacket and jeans.

"Stop breathing." He mimicked a stupid look on his face that was replaced with a smirk as I glared even harder at him and fought of a small laugh. The face was stupid, and the pitch of his voice was stupid. He was just stupid.

"Vlákas." Finn cleared his throat reminding me of the situation at hand. We suddenly became serious, our anger towards each other taking over second place as the most important thing was our people being safe.