28

"How long are we supposed to wait?" I was thinking the same thing Jasper. We had been sitting under this tent for ten minutes now. Normally I would be fine waiting this long, but one, knowing that I hadn't seen any signs of actual acid fog. And two, it's been ten minutes too long that I've been spent beside Bellamy. My whole left side pressed against his right as Finn is doing the same to my right side.

"Will this even work?" That's a question that is ten minutes too late to ask. I didn't bother rolling my eyes at Finn's response.

"We'll find out." I let out a sigh before reaching out to the tent flap.

"No, we won't." Bellamy and I spoke at the same time, and just like our synced up words. We glared at each other and reached for the tent flap at the same time. It would have been comical if it was anyone else. But because it was Bellamy. I wanted to punch him in the face.

Especially when he tried to beat me in opening the tent flap. We stuck our heads out, seeing the same scene as when we went in.

"There's no fog." Bellamy spoke. I took that as my opportunity to causally pull down on his side of the tent flap making it fall back and hit him in the face.

"Let's go." I climbed out of the tent first.

"Maybe it was a false alarm." Finn spoke as the rest of them pulled the tent off instead of doing what I did.

The grounders wouldn't make those mistakes, not after who knows how many years on earth. It was done on purpose.

"They're coming back." I followed Bellamy's line of sight to see a grounder running away. Just as I turned to look for more, I caught a glimpse of a white horn on his belt.

"I think he's alone." I was too busy smiling at the thought of the grounder blowing the horn and getting the rest of his people away from us to comment on Jasper's obvious conclusion.

"Now can we run?" I turned my head in the girl's direction. I really needed to get her name.

"He doesn't see us." He already knew we were here. "I'm going after him." I hope he kills you, arrogant asshole. Of course I didn't say that out loud, but my glare said enough.

"And what, kill him?" Finn asked realistically.

"Like you can take on a grounder, by yourself." I scoffed and turned to face him again.

"Not like its very difficult." Oh my fist was ready to swing. But I was going to be the bigger person, for now.

"No, catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia is. Then kill him." By the time Bellamy had finished his plan, I was already chasing after the grounder. Feet soft as I kept minimum space between us.

I stopped turning around with a glare as I heard the loud crunch of the four other's boots.

"Y'all are shit hunters. Soft steps, or back the hell up." I let them stand there and decide as I picked back up on the grounder's trail.

I followed the grounder towards an opening in the ground. Most likely an underground cave. Bellamy was right behind me with Finn. Jasper and the girl behind them.

We slowly walked to the cave entrance and I let Bellamy go first. Then Finn, next Jasper, after him the girl, and finally I went in.

"Bellamy?"

"Octavia!"

Think we found her. Looks like we don't have to interrogate the grounder after all.

"Get the key." I couldn't see inside the cave as their voices softly echoed.

"Monroe, watch the entrance." There's her name, she walked passed me and I could finally see the inside of the cave. It was small, but big enough for the grounder who currently laid on his side, red mark on his forehead.

Bellamy and Octavia were embracing. The hug lasting quite a while as I stood next to Jasper staring at the grounder.

"How'd you find me?" Octavia asked as she hobbled over to Jasper giving him a hug. 

"Followed him." I gave him a pointed look.

"Technically, followed Atlys." Octavia turned to me with a bright smile. Her taking a step over to me and wrapping me in a hug as well.

"Thank you."

"It's what I'm here for." I pulled away my eyes back on the grounder. Mainly his face, and especially his eye that was twitching.

"Hey, let's go. Now." I commanded when I saw he was awake.

"Yeah, before he wakes up." Octavia nodded agreeing with me.

"He's not gonna wake up."

"Bellamy, stop!" Octavia went to stop as Bellamy grabbed a spear. "He didn't hurt me. Let's just go."

"Finn, get away." I stepped towards him and tried to get him away as he stared at the grounders horn.

"They started this. Finn, move." Bellamy was ready to strike but wouldn't with Finn in the way.

"Finn, move. He's awake. Finn. Move. Now!" I was too slow to get to Finn, and unable to push him away from the grounder as he stabbed the boy in between his ribs. I got to Finn and pulled him out of the way as the grounder and Bellamy began to fight.

As I stood up, I saw that Bellamy was now down on the ground. The grounder having him pinned with the spear point to his throat.

"Stop! That's my brother!" Octavia shouted to him. But he didn't budge. I looked over to Jasper and nodded at the metal pipe behind him, before walking over to stand in the eye sight of both people. I pulled my dagger out and placed it at the grounders throat.

"Still think you can take one on all by yourself?" As the grounder got distracted by what I had just said, Jasper swung the pipe down on the grounders head, knocking him unconscious.

"Go float yourself." I laughed and offered a hand to Bellamy. Trying to again be the bigger person.

"Let's get Finn back to Baby Dr. Griffin."

_______•*•*•*•_______

"Clarke! Someone get me Clarke!" I yelled as I sprinted into camp, way ahead of the rest of the group.

"Clarke, Finn's coming in he'll need medical attention. I'll get the table set up, you get ready to meet him at the door. Bellamy and I told Jasper to not take the knife out, you'll see when they get here!" I shouted as I ran into the drop ship and started to clear off a table on the first floor knowing we wouldn't get Finn up to the second level.

"What's the rush?" I looked up to see a dark haired girl staring at me, a radio in front of her.

"Raven Reyes, right? I'm Persphyni Atlys. Pleasure to meet you, glad you didn't get killed on your landing. Oh and your boyfriend just got stabbed." I had turned back to my task as she took off outside the drop ship.

By the time three people had brought Jasper in, I had the table cleaned, cloths ready, and a bowl of water next to a bowl of coals. I wasn't sure what else we needed and decided to leave it to Clarke as she came in seconds behind the group. Raven shortly following to get working on the radio.

"Pers, thank you. Go grab some water for yourself. I need my mom, I can't start until she get here. And if you see Octavia, tell her to come let me take a look at her."

"Aye, aye Baby Doctor." I gave her a mock salute as I headed out of the drop ship, looking up to the darkening sky. Thunder rolling as the dark clouds approaching.

A storm was coming, in more ways then one.