i'm not baekhyun

[SUHO, EXO]

[SUHO, EXO]

"Dance with me."

He stood there; his face unreadable. Kyungsoo stood beside him, dragging his eyes from Sehun to me then back to Sehun, frowning. Dongwook must have sensed the situation, excusing himself and dragging Gong Yoo away from the pastries that were now soaked in rain water. The area we stood at smelled like petrichor and was a contrast to the rich scent of expensive perfume and gourmet food.

I must have been quiet for too long, Sehun sighing and crossing his arms.

"My father keeps making me talk to random women. It's draining my energy. If he sees me occupied, he won't bother." He reasoned and I relaxed, realizing that it did sound logical. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Very Oh Sehun of you to use me as a reason to get what you want." I told him and he narrowed his eyes at me, telling me that it was just a dance and I didn't have to be so dramatic about it. I pursed my lips before breaking in a smile. I never danced at a ball before. I went to a high school dance but the music was far from regal and they played 90's disco music. I was excited.

The problem was that I had two left feet.

"Why are you suddenly so happy?" He asked, watching me hop beside him as he led me to the dance floor. "Just a moment ago you were-"

"Shut up, Oh Sehun. I'm excited. I never danced in a ball before." I told him, watching the couples around me as they twirled expertly.

"Never?" Sehun asked in disbelief. "What... That Mark Tuan never brought you to a ball before?"

"He did, but it hardly was this kind of dancing. Our dancing is jumping to EDM music." I stopped myself from explaining was EDM music was because I knew he wouldn't understand. Sehun didn't ask any further and I turned to see that Oh Shin was looking at us, his eyes boring onto me and Sehun.

"Oh Sehun." I began, turning to him. He suddenly seemed awkward, his hands hovering in the air like he didn't know what to do. "Your father wants to kill me." I whispered.

My words must have irked him, Sehun exhaling in annoyance. He wrapped a hand around my waist and dragged me closer, muttering to me to shut up.

"You really have the balls to say that to me, Gaian."

"It's the truth." I said. I lifted my hand, not knowing where to put it. "Do I place this on your chest or your shoulder--? Oh Sehun, I want to twirl like that girl over there." I jerked my chin over to a female who was turning like she was top, spinning.

Sehun didn't say anything, his right hand grabbing my hand that was hovering in the air. I stumbled, stepping on his feet and he suppressed a groan, glaring down at me. He told me to dance simply in boxes, showing me simple steps that I confidently said I got it.