you're the savior

Seungwoo began to look around and I could see that he was looking for someone

Seungwoo began to look around and I could see that he was looking for someone. I grabbed his hand and he jolted, as if he forgot that I was there.

"I need to find Taeyong, Chanyeol and Johnny. We'll be in the front line together." He told me and I frowned, finding the first name similar but struggling where I remembered it from. It didn't take long and I was brought back to the memory of when Seungwoo first found his powers.

"Isn't Taeyong the dude who bullied you so much you found your powers?" I asked and he nodded, wringing his hands together. "Calm down. Breathe." I could feel the anxiety reeking out from him as he pushed his hair back frantically.

"Yeah. He harnesses pure energy so he and Chanyeol will be passing energy to me so I can blast it to them." Seungwoo bit his lip when the sounds of marching stopped and a yell from Euren was heard. I looked over to them, seeing that the Euren did come with a lot of creatures, the manticores and the chimera's roaring. Their sounds vibrating through the desert but I couldn't see a single dragon anywhere.

Then drumming sounded. It was fast and aggressive, the chants of the people of Euren ringing throughout. I frowned, turning to ask Jin who was standing beside me, nervously. He tried to not show how worried he was, his voice cracking a bit.

"It's a war ritual. They dance and sing, praying to the war gods." He told me. "We have ours too. You must come, we don't have much time."

I licked my lips, seeing that everyone was beginning to go to the back of the tents where the giants were. I moved alongside Seungwoo, my brother suddenly gasping. In front of us, we saw a line of people who were wearing white cloaks, the hoods over their heads. I blinked when I recognized a familiar face that made a lump form on my throat the same time, I heard Kyungsoo's voice erupt from somewhere beside me.

"Ahjumma!" Seungwoo yelled out.

"Ms. Puff!" Kyungsoo was saying, running over to a white cloaked woman to give her a hug. Mr. Puff automatically took Kyungsoo away while I stood there, my eyes filling up with tears at the familiar face in front of me.

Ahjumma saw me, walking to me before engulfing me in a hug. Her arms screamed home and she patted the back of my head, wiping away the tears from my face. I asked her why she was here and she replied simply, kissing me on the cheek.

"I'm your Sote. Everyone must be blessed before war." She told me, placing her hands on Seungwoo's and my shoulder. "Both of you listen to me. If you can't fight, do not fight, understand?" She asked, and I saw a flicker of pain in her eyes.

Even she was worried.

"You know I can't do that." Seungwoo sighed. "It's my father's land... And Wooseung's." He added before Ahjumma nodded, turning to me.

"I want both of you safe." She whispered. "Now let me bless you."

Balls of light were floating around all of us and it would have been beautiful if we weren't doing it for war. Lanterns filled the sky, Sotes whispering to their respective families. I saw Ms. Puff pressing water on top of Kyungsoo's and Sehun's head. Turning back to Ahjumma, she did the same, whispering words of prayer to the deities into our ears.