god is a wom(e)n

Yuta had been asleep for a while

Yuta had been asleep for a while. His days were filled with being with his NCT members and his EXO seniors trying to build houses and make lists of those who were in camp with them. The death of Doyoung and the reappearance of Taeyong was a big hit for all of them but he knew that satisfaction in a time like this only mattered if it promised them safety. Yuta turned over in his sleep softly when he heard his name being called.

His eyes fluttered softly and he frowned. The voice was hollow and Yuta was a light sleeper, a trait he had gotten while boarding with Haechan in his earlier days in SM, School of Mages.

"Yuta-san." The voice called and Yuta's eyes flew open. No one ever called him that unless it was his grandfather. Spirit Travelers of his family had their own culture, their own titles and Yuta shot up just to see the spirit of his grandfather floating by the door.

"Grandfather." Yuta found himself saying, his eyes searching for the red tie that they usually bound around their wrists to keep their soul from straying but there was none. Was his grandfather's spirit lost? The old man looked serene in his cloak but Yuta knew something was wrong.

"Yuta-san." Sensei Nakamoto said, flying towards him. "The Royal Headmaster had struck the City of Libro's. The boarding school kids, the people in the city are getting terrorized."

Yuta felt his stomach sink. He knew this would happen, but he always thought that the Royal Headmaster would never think of going to the City of Libros. It was a city of scholars and teachers and they were always very unproblematic.

"You have the save the children. The city is burning." Sensei Nakamoto was saying and Yuta found himself asking the old man about him.

"What about you?" He dreaded the answer and his grandfather gave him a small smile that was so sad, it made Yuta's heart break a little. "He killed you... didn't he?"

"He burned my body." Sensei Nakamoto said. "But remember what I always taught you, grandson. Death is inevitable and I will be back in another form. My time has arrived and now you must learn how to prioritize. Lives are being taken."

Yuta gulped. As expected for his grandfather to treat death as a simple phase in life.

"The Royal Headmaster has taken a book." His grandfather continued. "It's a book of dark rituals of the olden times. It's an unnamed unholy book and I feel as if he has something in mind. When I refused to give it to him, he struck in fury. Bring your people to the City of Libros and save those you can save."

"Yes, grandfather." Yuta replied. "When will I see you again?"

"When the time is right and time brings me back to you." Sensei replied, bowing to his grandchild who bowed back. Yuta had to blink the tears away but death was hardly special to him. In the end, he could travel the spiritual realm.

Putting on his shoes, Yuta opened the door of his shack and towards Sehun's. He had to ask for help so they could go save the people in the City of Libros, the city he was brought up in.