the sound of war

[Rumplestiltskins cottage]

"Sit, sit." Rumpelstiltskin said nervously and for someone who had a bounty on his head for conceiving a child and putting him to sleep for thirteen years, Rumpelstiltskin seemed much tamer than what people made him out to be. Wooseung dragged me to sit in on the chair and I followed my brother's deathly grip, sitting down beside him.

Rumpelstiltskin's cottage was simple, with working things here and there and I could see him trying to reach for a glass before climbing up a chair and grabbing it before filling it with water from a bucket. He handed it to Wooseung who looked at it suspiciously and Rumpelstiltskin wiped his sweaty hands on his shirt. I recognized that he had the cuff on his arm, the cuff that was used on Sehun when we were both kidnapped. It was a cuff that stopped magical creatures or mages from using their powers. Rumpelstiltskin sat down in front of Wooseung, thinking.

"I'm a leprechaun but I was made by the Elves when they still existed in Exodus. So I'm.. I'm a special type of leprechaun." Rumpelstiltskin said suddenly and Wooseung nodded, gripping my hand. I know he was nervous with what he wanted to hear. "I-Where do I start?"

"From the beginning." Wooseung replied and Rumpelstilskin's face wavered as he nodded.

"Back in 1998, the Jung family asked for a son." Rumpelstilskin began and I frowned, wondering why he was telling us a story from another family. "The Jung family is one of the most noble family in Exodus but their mother could not conceive a child until they asked for my help. The thing is, young boy, that to create life in Exodus, you should be able to take one."

He was talking about Jung Jaehyun, and how Jaehyun was conceived with his help. But what did Wooseung have to do with all of it?

"That is the rule of life." Rumpel said and I saw Wooseung look down as he listened. "So, I began a ritual. It's the yin and the yang-"

"A mix of light and dark magic." Wooseung replied and I looked at him surprised. "I read it in one of the books in class."