Chapter 22

WORD COUNT: 1431
__________________

It broke.

A shiver went down their spine as a weird smoke entered the mansion and suddenly they were in control of their body again.

They stood there in confusion for a moment, when the human started to complain about the smoke. She didn't seem to have realized that her control over them had vanished.

Razz let out a growl and launched himself at her, grabbing her by her throat and slamming her against the floor. He summoned a sharp bone and was about to slam it into her head when he was dragged off of her by Blue.

"What Are You Doing! Let Me Kill Her!" Razz growled out, trying to get at her, but Blue's grip was quite strong and he didn't let Razz move.

Marcy scrambled so her back was against the wall, trapping herself between all the skeletons, and tried to stand up. "How dare you attack me!"

Blue bones speared her from every angle, forcing her to be still lest she gets skewered. "DO NOT TEST ME," Blue said darkly before turning back to the confused skeletons.

"THE RITUAL MUST'VE WORKED!" Blue told them, "IT'S WHY YOU'RE NO LONGER UNDER HER CONTROL."

"Why Aren't You Letting Me Kill Her?!" Razz yelled at Blue, struggling to get free, "Don't Tell Me You Think She Can Be Redeemed!"

Blue scoffed, "SOMEONE LIKE HER HAS NO RIGHT TO A SECOND CHANCE AFTER WHAT SHE HAS DONE. BUT YOU WERE GOING TO GIVE HER A QUICK DEATH, AND THAT WOULD BE TOO GOOD FOR HER."

Razz kept silent after that and Blue grip loosened. He shrugged Blue off and went to stand next to his brother. His anger didn't lessen, but he was surprised at Blue's words, so he didn't object.

"PAPYRUS, HELP ME TIE HER UP," Blue asked, making it sound more like a demand. Papyrus nodded and quickly added his own blue bone attacks to Blue's before leaving to find some rope.

Stretch seemed to want to say something, but he kept quiet, standing with the other Papyri. Sans quickly went over to Razz and buried himself in his arms, needing comfort. Red stayed where he was, close to Blue but still far enough that he wasn't directly next to Blue.

"berry? what's going on?" Red asked, watching the human nervously. His normally rough behavior was nowhere to be seen, feeling mentally exhausted at everything that had been going on for years.

Blue grinned at him and moved to hug him, but stopped at Red's flinch. A quiet rage simmered in his eyelights, his eyelights immediately snapping to the human, ready to kill her. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. Slowly, he tried to hug Red again, and this time succeeded, with Red clutching at Blue's armour like it was a lifeline.

"SHHH, EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY NOW." Blue comforted him.

Papyrus came back with some rope and Blue let go of Red to help him tie Marcy up. Papyrus was unwilling to go near her, let alone touch her, so Blue was the one tying her up.

Sans seemed to have managed to pull himself together and started to say something, but he was interrupted by a pinging sound coming from Blue's pocket.

Blue quickly fished his phone out of it and accepted the call.

"JUPITER? WHAT IS GOING ON? I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO MEET UP IN A FEW MINUTES?"

"Does Anyone Over There Have Healing Magic?" Jupiter asked immediately, unwilling to waste any time.

"YES, BUT WHY-" Blue started to say, but was interrupted.