Chapter 25

Ayisha POV

"So that's what happened last night." I conclude my short story about yesterday.

"Wow Ayi... You had a wild night." Emma says.

Well when I got home last night, we found Chloe sitting outside. I left her at the club and I don't know how long I made her wait. Chloe and Adam got into a screaming match for an hour after we were in the house. I didn't hear most of what was being said between them but I know they were both saying about what's best for me. The alcohol was messing my brain up. I was relieved that my dad wasn't home at that time. It would've been a disaster to come up with an explanation of why I smell like a bar. He only arrived when Chloe and I were having breakfast in the morning. He looked so tired and I do hope he gets rest.

"I really wish I was there to see the fight." Emma murmurs.

"It wasn't much of a fight. All I saw was the guy's face connecting with a bar."

"Well that will teach him to listen to women when they say no." Emma states.

Chloe choose not to come to school today. She got a worse hangover than me. I haven't seen Brianna or Jade either. What a night it was. Adam drove with me to school this morning and I was so thankful. I didn't know if I'll be able to drive myself to school. I did learn my lesson though which is to never go to a club ever again. That was my first and last time. I just hope the guy who's nose was injured doesn't know who we are. I don't want Adam to go to jail but he was trying to defend me right. So I don't think there's a problem especially since I'm his girlfriend. Our anniversary is in two weeks and I still have nothing. I have no clue what to get him. Emma stays quiet for the rest of lunch break. I know something is bothering her. I sit closer to her and lay on my arm so that she sees me since she's staring at her food.

"Emma." I whisper.

"Yea." she looks at me and I see her eyes look glassy. It is worse than I throught.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm fine."

"I can see that you aren't Emma. You haven't been for a while. What's wrong?"

"My dad." she mumbles.

"What did he do?"

"He wants to be a part of my life now. I don't know if I want that. He just left us with nothing almost ten years ago and didn't say anything or even bother to call."

"When did he come back?"

"Two weeks ago... My mom is so furious and doesn't want anything to do with him. She doesn't want me to give the relationship a try because she said that I'll get disappointed by him." she sobs.

I hold in my arms to calm her down. It must be really tough for her. I don't know the whole story of what happened but no one has to go through such painful things.

"What do you think? Do you want to try build a relationship with your dad?" I ask her.

"I don't know... I want to but at the same time I don't want to. I'm scared of what's going to happen. I don't want to upset anyone with the decision I'll make in the end."

"Emma... Listen. I may not know what you are expecting but I'm pretty sure that your decision shouldn't be about anyone else. It should be about what you want at the end and your parents will have to try and accept it. I know it won't be easy but at least give them some time to get over their past. They shouldn't make it about themselves either. They should respect your decision."

" You are wise beyond your years my friend." she laughs as she wipes her tears.

" Sometimes I don't think I am."