Chapter 1

Alarm clock goes off...

The holidays are over and it is time to witness my last year in high school. The sun has come out and the moon has gone to rest, as I open my eyes to witness the beauty of it all. I drag myself out of bed to the bathroom. I quickly get into the shower and get dressed. I take a look at myself in the mirror, my eyes are hazel brown and are glowing more than usual, my brown skin looked flawless and smooth on my curvy body. My hair is long, curly and black as I tie it into a ponytail. My Jean skirt fit perfectly over my curves and a striped red and purple t-shirt to match it with simple white pair of sneakers. My outfit could not be any simpler.

"Roxanne!" my mom called from downstairs.

"Coming!" as I took one more look in the mirror

I rush downstairs into the kitchen to my father leaning against the counter, drinking coffee and watching my mother prepare breakfast for us. Their love for each other never gets old, with the looks in their eyes everytime they're around each other.

"Good morning Roxi" my dad says as he saw me enter the kitchen.

"Morning Dad" I reply with a smile

I give my mom a kiss on a cheek to say good morning to her. Breakfast tastes delicious with every bite I take, the more my mouth want the taste. My mom has always been the best cook in my eyes ever since the day I got to eat her food. The amazing recipes that she has created over the years have inspired her to decide to open her own restaurant in a few months. My mom is quite beautiful I should say, her eyes are dark brown, same skin colour as mine, curvy body and her hair was bigger and curler than mine. She is a free spirit kinda person. It still surprises me how she ended up with my dad who was the total opposite of her. I guess opposites do attract.

My dad is very muscular, light skinned, blue - green eyes with brown hair. He always has a serious face and rarely had a smile on his face(that's what my mother said), ever since I came into their lives, he has become less intimating and laughs more. You could say that I brought out the best in him. He owns a well-known construction company in the town so the serious looks do help the business in a way.

I'm sure you must be wondering how that happened my mom being African-American and my dad being white...it is simple, first year of college, guy meets girl and begin to hang out with her most of the time. They started gaining feelings for each other and decided to persue the relationship.

"Are you ready for senior year?" my father asks removing me from my deep thoughts.

"Yes dad" I said "I'm so excited" taking the last bite of my pancake.

"My baby is growing too fast." my mom said in a sad voice while clearing the kitchen counter.

"Calm down Cas, you will be fine" my dad says in a joking way.

I just laugh quietly. After a few minutes a car hooter brings me to me feet and I grab my bag, tossing it over my shoulder. I walk and open the front door, said bye to my wonderful parents before shutting it behind me. A white Jeep is in front of my house and it could only mean it's one person. I walk towards the car and open the door to the passenger side.

"ROXANNE!!!" she screams.

"CHLOE!!!" I screams back at her in excitement before getting into her car.

Chloe White is a beautiful young girl. Her skin is darker than mine so were her eyes. Chloe's body is also quite curvy that made the boys come running in her presence. Her hair is similar to mine. We both just love keeping it all natural with our curls. We met in middle school. Chloe was sitting alone in the play ground and I decided to make her my friend. I loved the cute pink tutu she had on that day with two ponytails. We were never separated since that day.