17. Rise and shine

A/N: I accidentally mixed up Phinks and Feitan with Uvogin and Shalnark. fucks sake lmao

they were meant to be taking shifts watching over/protecting Chrollo; idk if that was clear.

Ok sorry, enjoy:

****

Chrollo POV:

When we landed at the airport, the three of us went our separate ways. We agreed to meet at our spot in the woods tomorrow morning, but for now I have business to attend to.

Nobunaga had just gotten back from his periodic visit to Meteor City and picked me and my two spiders up.

"How was the flight, Boss?" He asked as he turned his car engine on.

"Ah yes, it was good. How was Meteor City? Still the same?"

"Mm, there's a new couple who just moved in; the man seems to have a lot of potential, Boss. Maybe you can join me next time I go." He offered.

"Of course! I always love seeing the City!" I beamed.

We continued our small talk till we reached our hideout. A few months back, we collectively agreed to use the York New hideout as our usual spot.

Things were slow nowadays, so it wasn't a rare occasion when all the Troupe members would get together.

Today was no different as only Franklin, Uvogin and Shalnark were recorded absent.

As we made our way through the labyrinth of towering, dark grey buildings, we could hear a distance but lively conversation between the spiders.

Hm? They're probably having an arm wrestling competition again...

Their individual voices became clearer as we reached the doorway.

Yep I was right... Arm wrestling.

Everyone in the hall stood up to greet me; all but Machi and Bonolenov, who were fully concentrated on winning the match.

"Boss is here." Nobunaga happily announced, causing Machi and Bonolenov to simultaneously stand and bow.

"Hello everyone! I hope you are all well. Now. Please resume your fun." I laughed.

Kortopi approached me first to give an update on our recent affairs.

"Good evening, Boss. There is a person in my Gallery Fake. 5'7, female, young adult and a non-user." He reported.

"Oh dear, that's no good." I said empathetically. "How far away are they?"

"They've been circling the outskirts of my buildings for about 45 minutes. However, it's moreso strange than suspicious." He answered.

I nodded. "Thank you."

He bowed and returned to his seat around the arm wrestling match.

"Should we check it out?" I said aloud to Nobunaga, who was still at my side.

"I could go, Sir." He offered.

I hummed while I searched the hideout.

In the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of our newest member sat high up on their own.

"Kalluto? Can you come down here for a moment?" I called.

He gracefully hoped down in front of me and hummed in obedience.

"There's somebody circling the outskirts of the area. I would like you to locate and observe them. Do not interact unless you deem it necessary to."

Kalluto nodded once again. "Yes, Boss." He said as he began walking out the door.

"Please go with him." I whispered.

"Yes, Boss." Nobunaga whispered back and followed Kalluto out the door.

Ah, the Zoldycks are so alike. It's refreshing.

I heard a slam and a squeal from Machi. The crowd cheered as she took her victory.

****

It appeared the woman roaming around was a lost foreigner. Some teenagers on bikes managed to scare her off however, so the potential threat was gone.

It was very early morning; the sun had just made its daily debut and the birds had already started chirping.

I wonder how Illumi and Hisoka are doing. Wouldn't surprise me if they were already in the woods. Speaking of which, I should start heading out.

I asked the only two awake members, Machi and Pakunoda, to escort me to my destination.

And sure enough, Hisoka and Illumi were already there.

****