Kabanata 42

KING
R-18

"Take a business course, Anak. This army thing is not for you. Don't do this to us, King Adrian."

I breathed heavily as I heard my mom's voice. Here we are again! Magtatalo na naman kami kung anong course ba dapat ang kinuha ko kahit na pa graduate na ako ng college. She wants me to take a business course para meron daw akong alam pag ako na ang papalit kay papa sa kompanya. Well it's not my thing. I want to be in the army, and no one will stop me doing this.

"Mom, we already talked about this again and again. Aren't you tired of convincing me?" I asked her.

"What if you'd die? Aren't you afraid of dying?" Yeah here she comes! She is always overthinking. I am still in college but she's imagining things like I'm in the military already.

I massage my head and roll my eyes. "What's the point of living in this world if I can't even do anything I want?"

"You can do anything you want, Anak, but not this Army thing! I'll let you finish this course but you need to promise me that you're going to take a business course after this. We only have you, King. Your father is getting older. No one's gonna run the company if we die." She said but i don't care.

"No." I simply answered.

"Oh my God, what am I gonna do to you? You're giving me a headache, King Adrian. I'm outta here!" Then she put her hands up, a sign of surrender.

"Take care, Mom. I love you!" I kissed her forehead.

"I love you too, son." She hugged me first before entering her car.

We are actually here in my school. She pays my tuition fee, that's why she's here. When she finally left, I decided to go back inside. Sa likod na ako dumaan because it's a shortcut to our building, Criminology building.

I stopped walking when I saw a girl sitting under the tree and crying. Rinig na rinig ko ang pag-iyak niya kahit na medyo malayo ako sa kanya. Tinignan ko ang paligid kung meron pang ibang tao but it's just two of us.

Lumapit ako sa kanya at tumayo sa gilid niya. Naramdaman niya siguro na nandito ako kaya nag-angat siya ng mukha sa akin at kunot noo akong tinignan.

"Ano?!" She sounds like a masungit!

She looks familiar but I don't know her name.

"Stop doing that, they might think I made you cry." I said.

"Edi umalis ka na para di ka nila mapag bintangan." Barumbado niyang sagot.

My eyes widened. Is she really asking me to leave in that way?

I didn't talk back to her. She kept her eyes on me and didn't say anything. A minute passed, she looked away and stood up. Pinagpagan niya ang pants niya at nag punas ng luha.

"Bakit ka ba kasi nandito?" She asked while fixing her uniform.

"I'm heading to our building." I answered.

I know she's a criminology student too. Obviously it's because of her uniform and ID. She also had a criminology haircut that really suits her. Yung iba kasing babae dito na may ganyang haircut mas mukha pang lalaki kaysa sa amin. But her, she's different.

She has a small face with a fierce and strong aura. I'm not gonna lie, this kind of girl is my type.

"Oh bat ganyan ka makatingin?" She raised her eyebrow, "Crush mo ba ako?" She suddenly asked.

My jaw dropped. "Don't be so high on yourself, Woman. Maganda ka, yes. But you're not my type." I lied!

"Tsk. Kunyari ka pa." Ngumiwi pa siya sa akin.