Chapter 44

•August 12th, 2024•
~ A few years later ~

       Everything has been peaceful since my kidnapping I no longer have nightmares about the death I witnessed and I'm perfectly happy with Tim. A couple of years back Tim and I moved into a nice apartment together.

       Taylor and Jackson got married in December of last year. Taylor is a fashion designer, to no one's surprise, and Jackson became a famous Athletic trainer. Jessica and Max got married as soon as they got out of college and have a bouncing baby boy, Aiden, which I am the Godmother of. Jessica decided that she wanted to help kids and help them go far in life so she became a teacher and Max is a lawyer, 10/10 would recommend.

       Tim is the CEO of Wayne Interprice's new science division and he couldn't be happier about his position; When he comes home he can never wait to tell me all the achievements and breakthroughs he and his employees had that day. I followed my dream and became a psychologist. Being Joker's hostage and dealing with the aftermath drove me to want to help others the way Tim had helped me.

       Of course, Tim still goes out as Red Robin every once in a while but I'm happy because he helping people and making a difference, though it would be nice if he would stop getting hurt so much.

- - -

       It was a long day at work and I was ready to plop down on the bed and sleep for the next week. I set my bag down and kicked off my shoes but notice flower petals creating a path on the floor leading up the stairs.

       I followed the petals to the bathtub and a bath was drawn for me with bubbles, my favorite soaps, and flower petals floating on top of the water. I smile and strip out of my clothes and lower myself into the soothing bath and find a note next to the soaps.

'I figured you would like a bath when you got home. Meet me upstairs when you're done - Tim'

      I smile at the note and relax back into the warm water as it blanketed my body.

'He definitely knows how to treat a woman that's for sure.' I think to myself as I wash my body

       When I finish I wrap myself in a fluffy towel to dry off and find and outfit fold neatly on the chair in the corner of the bathroom. I put the clothes on and blow dry my hair before following the petals up to the roof and nearly gasp in surprise. The petals lead up to a small table with champagne and wine and strawberries and all kinds of things then I see Tim standing tall on the side watching me with an admiring smile.

"Tim, did you do all this? It's beautiful." I say walking towards him as he takes my hands

"Not as beautiful as you" He whispered in my hair before kissing my temple

"I know I may not be the easiest person to be around at times, but you were always there for me. Every day after work, no matter the hour, you'd ask me how my day was and listened as I told you. Every night I came back from a mission or patrol you'd be there with the first aid kit." Tim said smiling making me smile as well but I watched him get down on his knee

"Hayden Rose Chesney, you're not just my girlfriend, you are my best friend, and if you'll let me... my wife." he asked looking into my eyes holding up a ring to me

"Yes, yes I'll marry you" I say letting him put the ring on my finger and I pulled him into a tight hug where he chuckled and hugged me back he leaned his lips down to my ears

"I love you more than words can describe" He whispered to me repeating what I said on the hilltop I lean back and give him a seductive smirk

"Then let's not use words" I say to him and that was all he needed to scoop me up and carry me to our room