moral of the story.

song: moral of the story. ashe & niall horan

thought we could really do this, when really i was foolish. Hindsight it's obvious.

"Alvaro, we just don't work anymore." I said. "Wha- we were doing fine y/n, come on. You don't seriously think that right?" He asks. "I'm sorry, but we both have horrible trust issues and I think we should take time to sort them out before getting back together." I let out a soft sob. "Hey, okay okay. If you need time, I'll give you time. I'll wait for you if you wait for me." He said. I nod my head and kissed him for the last time.

That was over 3 months ago and I still haven't been with anyone else, neither has alvaro. I wouldn't doubt if he did move on.

"Brandon, I don't have time for this." I laugh as he ran down the hall to grab his books. "Sorry, I forgot about our tutoring session." He yells and quilt gets his bag and rushed back to me. "Library?" He points to the double doors. I nod my head and we walked in. We sat at the table closest to the door and took our books out. "Okay, so let's start with math."

1 hour later

"And that's it. That feels great to get off of my chest." I smile. "Yeah," he took a brief pause, "I was wondering if you wanted to go get coffee some time." He smiles. "Uh, sure why not." I answer. "Cool, I'll pick you up at 7." He packs his bag and we got up. He gave me hug that last longer than expect. It reminded me of Alvaro, how he would pout if the hug was too short or he didn't get to hug me right. I pull away, thinking too much of him, "Sorry, I'll see you later." I grabbed my bag and walked out.

funny how a memory, turns into a bad dream..

Talking with your father
He said that you could be mine
But some people fall in love
With the wrong people sometimes

Alvaro's pov

"Dude, you need to stop staring." Alejandro said. I shake my head and we walked inside the classroom. I sat next to y/n and we haven't talk since our breakup. I thought she needed more time, so I just didn't talk to her. She was already sitting there and I, awkwardly, got to sit next to her. She gives me a soft smile, I tried to give one in return, but i didn't. I just sat down and took out whatever we needed. I dropped my pencil and reached down to grab it. Y/n had also reached down and our age s touched, I felt something when she touched my hand. I smile awkwardly at her and grabbed the pencil.

"Shit, I need to go return a book. I'll see you guys at practice!" I quickly went to my locker and grabbed the book. I walk in and my eye laid on y/n, she was tutoring brandon. They seemed down, she didn't notice me. I placed the book on the shelf and walked to get another one. "I was wondering if you wanted to go get coffee some time." You've got to be kidding me. "Uh, sure why not." She answers. I look between the books and see them hug. It longer than a usual hug, kinda like I hugged her. I walked out before I could hear or see anything else happen.

afterschool

"Hey, I'll catch up with you guys later." I said to the boys and went back to the locker room to grab my stuff. I see y/n's dad, waiting there next to my things. Y/n's dad was our coach, it was kinda awkward since I dated his daughter, and she broke up with me. "Hi, coach y/l/n. Is there a problem?" I ask. "No, I just.. i want to know what happened between you and y/n." I sigh and felt the memory rush back. "We broke up, she said she needed space and I gave her that." I answer. "Space is 3 weeks not 3 months." I felt tears prickle my eyes, "Look, I'm sorry if she's not feeling okay or being okay, but I didn't want it to end. I agreed with her because I thought she would want that." He patted the bench next to him. I slowly walked to him and sat next to him. "Listen, whatever happened, you know that you love her; and I know damn well my baby loves you too. Talk to her, maybe that's all she's waiting for. Make her yours again." He patted my shoulder and walked out. I wanted to say, I will, but I got reminded of the what happened in the library. "Yeah, I don't think it will happen." I mumbled.

Y/n's pov

"Hi." I said walking up to alvaro. "Hey." He said back to me. I felt my smile got up, "That's the first thing you've said to me since our breakup." I felt my eyebrows soften. "Yeah, I know. It's also the first thing you've said to me." He said back. "Yeah, I know," I cleared my throat, "I think I'm ready for this to happen again." His eyes widen, "Are you sure? I don't want us to happen again only for it to be stopped again." I sigh. "I know, but I think I am." He smiles. "Great, I mean cool." I laugh at his attempt to not care, but he failed. "Meet me at the park."

"Hey, ready to go?" Brandon asks. I nod my head and we walked to the park. I told alvaro to meet me at the park because I was already going to be there and I end my tutoring with Brandon at 5 and his practice ends at 5.

"So, a^2 + b^2 = c^2 is the formula right? It, a is 5, b is 15, what is c?" I ask him. He scoots over a little more and set a hand on mine. "I think, we should take a break." I laugh as he closed the textbook. I felt him lean in and without even thinking our lips met. It didn't even last second, without me pulling away. "I- I'm sorry." He said. "Why did you do that?" I ask. "I thought you felt something and I felt something and it just felt like a good time to do it. I'm sorry." He says. I put my stuff back in my bag and got up, brandon grabbed my hand stop me but i was already stopped. I stopped by seeing alvaro at the entrance, looking at the both of us. He had saw everything. He shakes his head and walks away. "No, no, no, no. Alvaro wait!" I shout to him as I turned to catch up with him. He had gotten far enough to where i couldn't keep up with him. "Shit!" I said to myself.

I walked inside my house and slid down the door. "What's wrong, y/n?" My dad asked. "I-" I couldn't speak without tears immediately spilling out. My dad rushed to me and sat next to me, trying to calm me down. "Shhh, it's okay. Breathe." He repeated. It took me a while to calm down and tell him everything. "Wow, that seems really complicated." I nod my head. "I officially lost alvaro." I mumble. "Y/n, you made a mistake, he'll understand." I scoff, "How will he understand that someone kissed me and he saw it happen when I told him I wanted us to happen again."

"Y/n, you need to talk to him, even if he might shut you out, it's better for him to know the truth then to think what actually happened in his mind." I sniffled, "Do you think.. he'll still want me?" My dad gives me a sympathy smile, "Sometimes you have to kiss the wrong man, to know what's right."

I ran to Alvaro's house, tears running down, my breathing getting hard, my heart pumping out of my chest, raining; i know cliche, and the 3 words wanting to leave my mouth. I got there faster than I thought and see his bedroom light still one. I took my phone out and called him. "Pick up, Alvaro." I whisper. "Hello?" He answers. "Alvaro, can you open your window?" I ask, hoping he'll say yes. "Why? Are you outside?" He asks, exclaiming. He looks out and makes his way downstairs. I hung up and waited for him to open the door.

He pulls the door open and takes me inside. "What are you doing? You're going to get sick." He said, going to get a towel. "Yeah, I had to tell you something." I wrapped the towel around me and alvaro gave me a worried look. "I didn't kiss brandon, he kissed me. I pull back because I knew it was wrong to even do that when I told you I wanted us to work. You probably don't believe me, but please Alvaro. I take all the blame from it and I'm so sorry for that. If you want me to leave, I will, but I just needed you to know that." I say. He sighs, "Of course, I believe you. I never blamed you, it's just- in the heat of the moment I felt the hurt come back and I just wanted to leave. I don't blame you, y/n." I sigh in relief.

"Did you actually mean it? When you said you wanted us to work?" I smile, "Of course I meant it, I- I love you Alvaro. I always have." I felt my face soften and eyes water. "Break my heart a million times, y/n. I will always want you and love you." He grabs my waist and pulls me into a soft, passionate kiss. God, I missed kissing him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him more closer to me. "You wanna stay over?" He mumbled, disconnecting our lips. "Yeah." I say and brought his lips back to mine.

________________________________
made: 08/30/2020
word count: 1703
i didn't review it so sorry for the typos or the mistakes. i'll do it tomorrow :)