i'm right here, when we'll you realize?

song: heartbreak girl- 5 seconds of summer (the song is a fucking bop)

you call me up, it's like a broken record, you say that your heart hurts. But you never get over of him getting over you.

Kairi's pov
"And her she comes." Mattia mumbled and nudges my shoulder. I roll my eyes at him as y/n walked towards us. Her hair bouncing off of her shoulder and a bright smile when she talked towards us. There was a lot about that girl I love, but she doesn't love me. I mean it's fine, she means everything to me while I'm just the guy who helps her with hurt.

"Boys, kairi," she eyes me for a while, "I was wondering if you wanted to go hang at mine for today?" She asks. "U-uh yeah sure." I answer quickly, I heard alejandro laugh, "Great, I'll see you guys later." She smiles and walks away. "What the fuck was that?" Alejandro laughs. "Yes ma'am, right away ma'am." Mattia jokes with alejandro. I rolled my eyes and shoved them, "Shut up, it's called being friends." I answer. "Yeah, you say you're friends, but your eyes and body language say I'm in love with you." Alejandro said.

At your house

"So, anything new?" I ask y/n as I sat on her bed, posting the tiktok i had just made. "Uh, blake asked me on a date yesterday." She mumbled. "The fuck? Y/n, I thought you were done with him." I spoke angrily. "He seemed really sorry when he told me. I didn't want to say no, he means a lot to me kairi." She frowns. "Great, and guess who you'll call when he ghosts you for the 10 fucking time? Yeah, me; that's who. You know how frustrating it is to see you go back to him because you can't get over the fact he is over you and is using you!" I exclaimed. "You know what kairi, if you're so fed up with it, then leave! I don't always need you by my side and I, definitely, don't need whatever you're saying to me. I don't need you." She yells back. I scoff, "Fine, just don't call me when he leaves you again." I grabbed my jacket and left her house.

10:27pm

I felt bad for lashing out on y/n like that, but I have to stop sugarcoating everything even if it means hurting her feelings. She needed to hear the truth. I set my phone down to go to bed when my phone went off. I groan and see y/n<3 id on the screen. I roll my eyes and answered, "What?" I ask, bluntly. "H-hey," I heard sniffles through the phone, "Devyn and Dess weren't answering me and I-I needed a ride home." She said. "What happened to you don't need me?" She sighs. "Kairi, please." She mumbled.

I sigh, "Fine, send me your location." I hung up and grabbed my keys and hoodie. I walked out and put my GPS on to go to where she was.

I pulled up and she was sitting on the curb, with her head on her hands. I rolled the window down, "Get in." I say. She got up and went in. "Kairi-" I held my hand up to stop her, "It's fine, I'm dropping you off at your house. I don't want to hear your problems right now." She nods her head and put her seatbelt on.

And you end up crying
And I end up lying,
'Cause I'm just a sucker for anything that you do

"Thanks." She said. "No problem." Silence took over the car. "I'm sorry for saying I don't need you when I clearly do. God, what is wrong with me?" She sighs. "Nothings wrong with you, you just get blinded sometimes. There's other people than blake who will treat you better and treat you the way you should be treated." I spoke. "Who would want this mess?" She laughs. I wanted to say me, I was screaming me in my head, but she's it ready for that. He treats her so horribly when I'm treating her the way she should be treated, even when she shows up crying with her mascara running. "I don't know yet, but someone does love you for everything you have to offer."

"Thanks kairi. You're a really good friend." She smiles. "Yeah, friend." I smiled weakly and looked away. "I'll see you Monday." She says, opening the car door. "Yeah, I'll see you." She closes it and I waited until she was in her house, safely. I sigh and laid my head on the steeringwheel. "Thanks for being a friend? This is going in circles again and again."

I know someday it's gonna happen
And you'll finally forget the day you met him
Sometimes you're so close to your confession,
I gotta get it through your head
That you belong with me instead.

I've been stressing to tell y/n how i feel about her, I want to tell her, but every chance I get blake is always there. I kept dozing off whenever she told me something about him, blake this blake that; like I clearly don't fucking care about him, but you clearly do. "Kairi?" She asks waving her hand in front of me. "Sorry, you were saying." I say to her. "Are you even paying attention to what I'm saying?"

"Duh, something about blake doing this or something that like." I answer. "Are you okay? You've been acting weird." I laughed, "I'm doing great, I'm fine. How are you?" I fake smile at her. "Kairi, what is going on with you?" She said. "God, you're so oblivious to a lot things, you know that right?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

I sigh, "You know, I'm waiting for you to forget all about that douche bag. You'll forget all about it and realize that what you had for him was stupid."

"You can't talk about him like that." She spoke.

"Oh, but he can talk shit about me? The difference is you stop me from saying something and you don't stop him."
"I'm sorry kairi, I just-"

"No, you know exactly what you're doing when you don't stop him. You choose him repeatedly after he hurt you and who's there to clean up the mess? Me, you say you don't need me but you call me whenever no one else is there to pity you. God, what do I have to get it through you head that you belong with me and not him!" As soon as those words left me mouth, I couldn't speak. "W-what did you say?" She asks. "I-I didn't mean to say that." I sigh. "Kairi-"

"No, it's fine. You don't feel the same way, still have feelings for the douche bag that makes you cry all the time." I say. "No, no kairi. I'm shocked but I just, i can't right now." She said. "Yeah, I figured. He treats you horribly and I'm just here to make you feel like you should. Listen, I'm here for you, but you have me hanging by a thread here."

________________________________
made: 08/29/2020
word count: 1213