Chapter 41

Omniscient

Im Nayeon was the epitome of beauty. Everyone wants to be her, but no one can even come close.

She was outstanding. A good student with good looks that can charm everyone. She have everything that a regular student would die to have for, but no matter how lucky she was, Im Nayeon was not contented.

She craved for more.

She craved for that certain place on the school's prestigious club, containing Institute of Arcane's most brilliant students whether it was physically or mentally, so she worked hard. Her grades almost battled the members of The Spades, yet her hard work didn't pay off.

Why? It was because of her, Choi Tae Ri.

Nayeon idolized her.

She was her model.

She wanted to be her.

What was so good on Choi Tae Ri? What was the qualities she have that Nayeon wanted?

Well for starters, she was good friends with everyone to the point that you can't even hear any single bad thing about her, but no, that wasn't the reason why she wanted to be her...

It was because of her title. The rank that she have, and the stunning Park Jihyo.

It was no major, but she can't help but to feel a little envious. You can't blame her. Who wouldn't like a Park Jihyo?

Jihyo caught her eyes from the very first day, but unfortunately, the girl was obviously fancying someone else.

So she stopped her teenage delusions, and just focused on her goal; to be one of The Spades.

Her progress became enormous. The rumors that she would be the newest member of The Spades spread faster than Zeus's lightning bolt, and it made her joyous.

That's why she became confident when she marched towards the club room of The Spades with a proud stance, knocking three times, and ready to face The Spades' leader Tae Ri.

At first it went well, a simple chit chat that started with a hello's and how's your day's, until Nayeon opened the true reason why she was there.

"I'm just wondering, do you heard the rumours?",Nayeon said, her hands fidgeting.

"What rumours?"

"The rumours that I would be, you know... a member of this club."

"Aaah, those?", Tae Ri chuckled, "Yeah, I heard about those rumours , but I personally think that those are all nonsense."

Nayeon's color drained, "Wh-what do you mean? Am I not qualified?"

Tae Ri tapped her lips, pretending to think, "Well, you're qualified,  but I am not crazy to hire a paid liar on my team, right?"

Nayeon was beyond shocked. She got up from her seat, her fingers pointing accusingly to the latter, "You have no rights to call me that-"

"Oh really?", Tae Ri leveled their sights, "The case of the cheating incident on one of the royal class are still unsolved and I'm wondering why, so I decided to do a separate research from The Spades,  and guess what I found?" Tae Ri showed a message transaction between two strangers.

"Put the money in the bank account or everyone will know what you did.", Tae Ri repeated the words on the screen.

"I tracked the number's address and it lead me to you... Im Nayeon.", she said before pressing something on her phone that made the other phone on Nayeon's pocket rung.

Nayeon was terrified. The girl was not the friendly Choi Tae Ri she sees everyday. It was no other than Choi Tae Ri, the first ranker of The Spades, the most brilliant among the brilliants.

"Now tell me, do you really think you're deserving to be one of us?"

_________________________________________

Y'all are smart. Your theories are just so interesting to read. Please give me some brain π_π
_________________________________________