Chapter 43

Omniscient

Eyes, nose,  lips.

Everything... everything send shivers to her spine.

She thought she was her. Jihyo thought that she was her. The way how their resemblances was carved to hunt her was painful. She wanted to cry. To run. To escape.

She didn't do anything for a year. Just observing the new face from afar, the longing growing big in her heart as she watched her doppelganger's every move in the campus.

Choi Y/N.

Despite of being a Choi too, Jihyo knew that they were different. There was something in Y/N that she can't decipher. Something that was dragging her in uncertainty, unlike Tae Ri who was as gentle as the summer breeze and clear as the bright blue skies.

Y/N is a blackhole, yet Jihyo can't help but to be infatuated with the illusion of her past lover.

That day pursued Jihyo's dreams, replaying all over and over again like a broken vinyl.

"You will hate me.", Jihyo whispered, trying hard to cover up her whimpers while brushing her asleep lover's locks, "I don't want to do this but I have no choice... I have no choice but do what they want."

Jihyo uncapped the syringe, placing it on Tae Ri's neck, careful to not hit a vein. She didn't want to see the loathe on her lover's face if she happened to woke up so she decided to put her unconscious until she was done doing her job, but before she can put the needle in, a hand stopped her wrist.

Tae Ri was awake

"Tae Ri-"
"Shush...", Tae Ri cuts off, "I know that you've been getting threats this week, and I also know that they want me."

Jihyo was speechless. How did she know?

"I just want to say that I don't hate you for choosing others. That's so smart of you. That's what I love most about you, but...", Tae Ri chuckled bitterly before continuing her sentence, "I hate myself for assuming that you'll choose me, and I realized that I am so selfish."

"-You don't have to put me to sleep. I'll give them what they want... I just want a simple kiss, that's not that hard isn't it?"

"You don't have to ask.", Jihyo said before pulling them closer, closing the gap between them as they sealed it with a kiss. It was supposed to be sweet yet the burdens on their chest didn't subsided, making it a mixture of melancholy and farewell.

Their foreheads still connected to each other when Tae Ri spoke, "I love you."

And so as the apocalypse doomed upon Jihyo, she never saw her again. Until two years passed and  Choi Y/N came to relive her nightmares. If you think Jihyo didn't do research about the newly found face, you're wrong. Jihyo did everything to connect the two, yet she found nothing.

Choi Tae Ri has two younger siblings, unlike Y/N who have none. Their backgrounds are different too, Tae Ri grew up on a loving family while Y/N was raised by her grandparents.

None of their information were matching aside from the fact that it was thoroughly hidden and hard to find.

After all, Jihyo was still  clueless about the woman that she loved, and it drove her mad. Mad, that she can't point out the mystery revolving around the two persons who unfortunately caught her heart.

_________________________________________

My braincells are decreasing fffff
_________________________________________