Chapter 42

Omniscient

Do you believe in karma?

Well, Im Nayeon didn't.

It was a chilly midnight, Nayeon wasn't asleep as she wandered around the campus of IOA. She wanted to ease her mind, the words of Choi Tae Ri was still stuck on her head. She was peacefully sitting on one of the benches when she spotted a figure from the nearby alley. She decided to follow it, probably because of her curiosity or maybe because she just wanted a distraction  from her thoughts.

Nayeon can't believe what she saw.

It was Park Jihyo, facing a bomb that was stick to the building's foundation, her usual emotionless face was contorted with hatred as she spat her anger to the person who's on her phone.

"Fuck you! Fuck all of you! I'll make sure you'll rot in hell!", Jihyo gritted weakly.

"You know it wouldn't do you any good if you'll continue to threaten us with your useless words. Decide now, Park Jihyo, Choi Tae Ri or this school?"

Nayeon didn't know how she was able to hear the electronic voice on the latter's phone, but one thing is for sure, Jihyo's decision will surely make a remarkable impact.

"I will never give Tae Ri to you. You will not touch even a strand of her hair."

"Then be ready to see lump of dead bodies by tomorrow. You know that you can't say this to the authorities. We know your every single move."

"Just take me instead! Take me!", Jihyo's cheeks were tears stained as she begged.

"We don't need you. We need Choi Tae Ri. You still have 30 minutes to decide so choose well Jihyo. You know what to do."  The call went dead after that and Jihyo burst into tears, her cries made the atmosphere a lot colder.

What about Im Nayeon?

Im Nayeon was not moving but it was not because of pity. Her face darkened, anger bubbled upon her chest. She went out from her hideout, and walked towards the girl,  "You know what to do, Jihyo."

"Im Nayeon? Wh-what are you doing here?"

"Be smart, Jihyo-ssi. Will you really sacrifice the people in this building for a single person?"

"Tae Ri is not just a person. She's my lover!", Jihyo stated, "Maybe you can help me! They only know about my movements. I'm sure that-"

"I don't offer any kind of help."

"Pardon?"

"I said I will not help you. Face the consequences of your actions. If everyone in this building dies, it's all your fault. You will shoulder every single guilt and I will make sure of that.", Nayeon spoke ruthlessly. She didn't care if it would hurt Jihyo. She remained unfazed as she turned around to walk away, but before that, she stopped midway, her face slightly paneled to see the latter , "I used to like you because you think practically. I can't believe that love will make you a complete fool. I should've known better."

She was about to step away when she heard Jihyo mumbled something under her breath, "What if they do bad to Tae Ri? What if she dies? I can't-"

"They didn't mention killing Tae Ri, so I'm sure she wouldn't...", Nayeon inhaled sharply, "...die. Make up your mind. The time is ticking."

When Nayeon made sure that she was too away from Jihyo, she chuckled devilishly, "Do I look like I give a fuck if she dies? I personally think she's better that way."

So at that very night, Im Nayeon's victory came to rise. The sudden lost of Choi Tae Ri made a hole for her to got what she want. Finally, Im Nayeon became a member of The Spades, and everything became smooth for her...

Until karma came to the school, ruining her supposed to be paradise.