CHAPTER 8

Hyeri's POV

"I want to talk to you about something, Roseanne" I opened the conversation.

We were sitting at the park now. I want to know what's happening on her, and why was that she keeps on doing it.

"About what?? Is this important?" She responded in full of confusion.

I cleared my throat and face her.

"What is your real relationship with my cousin?" I asked her.

I saw her sudden change of expression. She looked away.

"We.. we're just fri-- friend" She replied.

Lie. I know she is lying, why Chaeyoung? Just tell me the truth, why you keep on lying?

"You're lying right? I know you" I paint a slight smile.

"No, I'm not. Are you suspecting me huh? I already told you Hyeri! I cut-"

I already cut her.

"No! You're not! Don't fucking lie on my face Park Chaeyoung! You know how much I hate lies!!" I shouted at her.

She stand up, I saw how her face reddened with anger. She can't blame me, I already know her secrets. Why is that she keeps on lying, she knows how much I hate it.

"What are you saying? I don't understand you" she said and makes her way to leave. But before she can do that I stand and I grab her wrist, makes her to face me.

"Don't lie Roseanne!! I know it already, why is that you keep on lying huh? I heard you guys, I heard everything" I said making her froze on her position.

I remove my gripped on her wrist and took a deep sighed.

"Where was you last night Roseanne?" I asked her.

She just bow her head. We were just in silent, no one dares to speak. It's just the sound of random things in our surroundings filled us.

until I broke the silent we have.

"I accidently hear you and my cousin having sex." I deep a sighed and look at her. "I thought it was just a random girl just like before. But-- but I heard your voice, I'm not mistaken. I know you, we're like sisters." I said full of worries and my voice already cracking. She was just hanging her head low, so I deep a sighed and spokes. "Why Roseanne? Why are you doing this?" I asked her full of sincerity, after all if this happening, she's still my best friend.

I want to know her side. Maybe she has her reasons.

"I.. I don't know Hyeri, I-- I don't know, it's just I want to know something. I want to discover something, it's my instinct. I don't want curiosity to eat me." She said still looking on the ground.

"What? You want to discover something? That's why you're doing this? What excuse was that Roseanne?! Are you out of your mind?!" I almost yelled at her.

I don't understand her, she wants to discover something? What the fuck was that? She wants to discover how stupid she is?

"I don't know anymore hyeri! And I don't fucking care anymore! I'm confused! I don't know how to handle this emotion inside of me, I'm just-- I'm just I don't know" She's frustratingly sits on the bench.

I closed my eyes, Roseanne is being Roseanne again.

I sit on her side, I looked at her. Some of our high school memories bring back again.

Flashback

"Hey, Chaeyoung-ah don't do this, you will hurt him, because you're just curious. That's not an acceptable reason" I pleadingly hold her hands.