CHAPTER 41

Third Person's POV

(Chapter 39 continuation)

Chaeyoung is now preparing to go to bed when her phone rang.

Chaeyoung fetched her phone and creased her brows when she saw Irene is calling her this late night hour.

Chaeyoung answered her phone even though she's confused as fuck.

"Hello? Irene Unnie, is there a problem?? Why are you calling me in this late?" Chaeyoung asked, wants to know why Irene calling her.

"Hi Chaeyoung, sorry if I disturbed you, but I just want to ask if Jisoo is still there? She's not picking up my calls and the worst is her phone is out of reach," Irene said makes Chaeyoung to creased her brows in confusion at the same time she's feeling uneasy as nervousness took over her system.

Chaeyoung stand up and replied back to Irene.

"What do you mean Unnie?? Jisoo left immediately after dropping me, she said she needs to prepare some things, so I let her go home" Chaeyoung said while putting her coat and shoes.

Chaeyoung suddenly felt something just happened, Jisoo is always inform her if she's already went home. But same as Irene, Chaeng texted Jisoo earlier but the woman not replying. Chaeng just shrugged it maybe Jisoo was exhausted and sleep early.

But now that Irene is calling her, Chaeyoung felt uneasy and nervous.

"If that's the case, where is that woman?? It's getting late, she's not here yet" Irene said worried visible on her tone of voice.

"Don't worry Irene Unnie, I will find her. I'll message or call you immediately if I'm already with her, for now just rest" Chaeyoung said as she fetched her car keys and escort herself outside going to the elevator.

Same time as she pressed the elevator door Irene replied at her.

"Okay Chaeng, thank you. Call me alright" Irene said. Chaeyoung bid her goodbyes and ended the call.

The elevator door open, Chaeyoung then entered the elevator and press the ground floor.

While waiting for elevator to arrive at her destination, Chaeyoung keeps on rubbing her palm together. she's so nervous without knowing why is that.

When the elevator opened Chaeyoung rush her way outside and lead her way to her car.

Hopping in her car, Chaeng tried to call jisoo. But still she's out of reach. Chaeng repeat it again and again but still the same voice saying Jisoo is out of reach.

Chaeng freaking out internally but manage to calm herself. She dialed Jennie's number, it took three rings when Jennie answered.

"Hello Chaeng? Why are you calling me this late?? Is something wrong?" Jennie said on the other line. Her voice sounds a little bit raspy, it seems like Chaeng has waken her up.

"Sorry to disturbed you Unnie, Irene Unnie called me earlier. Jisoo is not home yet, I just want to ask if she went there?" Chaeng said still focusing on the road when she saw a commotion.

Her heart beating faster when she saw a familiar vehicle on the side of the road. The car is already burnt and damage.

"No, Jisoo didn't went here, why--" Chaeng cut Jennie off.

"Wait Unnie, I'll call you later" Chaeng said and hurriedly ended the call.

Chaeng stops her car, after seeing Jisoo's car on the side of the road. Her body is shaking, it feels like she's going to faint anytime.