Reunion

(This is some angsty and fluffy stuff post-reunion. The reunion in this one-shot is canon, so I'm basing this off what happened in the show. It's kinda indulgent with unnecessary fluff but who cares)

"Eleven?"

"Mike?"

El let out a gasp of relief as Mike took her into his arms, engulfing her in the tightest hug he'd ever given her. She wrapped her arms around his torso and held on for dear life, afraid to let go.

"God I missed you...I never gave up on you. I called you every night...every single night for-"

"353 days. I heard..." El said. Mike's smile faded.

"You heard? Well, why didn't you tell me you were there? Or give me a sign?" He asked.

"I wouldn't let her," Hopper said. He gave El a hug and they started to talk.

"You've been hiding her! This whole time?!" Mike shouted, shoving Hopper.

"Let's talk...alone," Hopper said, dragging Mike off to another room. El gave Lucas and Dustin big hugs and when Max tried to introduce herself, she gave her the cold shoulder. She wasn't interested in meeting this girl. She stood in Joyce's arms, listening to Mike shouting at Hopper. Then she heard Mike crying.

"Can I see him?" She asked Joyce. Joyce hesitated but took her to Will. Joyce showed her the paper they'd translated his words onto.

"You opened this gate before. Do you think if we got you back there you could close it?" Joyce asked.

"Yes," El said. Her face was straight and stern until Mike came back out into the kitchen. She felt her face relax the same way it did when she first spotted him when she came in the door. He gave her a smile similar to her own and walked over to her. She stepped into his arms and hugged him tight, resting her forehead against his chest.

"Guys, even if El does close the gate, if the brain dies, so does the body. Which means Will dies, too," Lucas said. Everyone glanced over at the doorway to Will's bedroom.

"He likes it cold...he likes it cold! That's what Will kept saying! We've been giving this thing what it wants!" Joyce said, running to his room. Everyone followed to see what she was doing. She tossed layers of blankets over Will and closed the window from the cool night air. Nancy gasped in realization.

"If this is a virus and Will is the host, then we...we need to make the host uninhabitable!" Nancy said.

"Exactly! We've gotta burn the son of a bitch out of him!" Joyce said.

"Yea but make sure he doesn't know where he is this time," Mike said.

"I know a place," Hopper said. He scooped up Will and him, Nancy, Jonathan, and Joyce left the room. They followed them outside and watched as they loaded the car.

"Let me know when that thing is out of him," Hopper said. Mike turned to El.

"I can't believe you're doing this..." he said.

"I have to. I'm the only one who can," El said.

"Be careful...please...I can't lose you again," Mike said and took her hands in his.

"You won't lose me, Mike," she whispered.

"Promise?"

"I promise..." El said. She was shaking with fear, though. She leaned in slowly, despite the others being present, and Mike got the idea and leaned in too. Their lips connected every so softly, just in time for Hopper to split it up to take El to the lab.