Wedding Pt. 2

"I remember when I first met both of you. Both of you guys hated me. For reasons that had to do with your love for each other. And now I'm here, at your guys' wedding, about to embarrass the hell out of both of you. It won't be during my speech, but just you wait. It's coming sometime tonight. Ha get it, just like you guys," Max started and laughed. Maybe she wouldn't be allowed anymore wine-or any drink for that matter- tonight.

"Oh god. Lucas get her down!" El whispered.

"Anyway, yea. I love you both. And I know you'll be super happy together. After everything you two have been through, you deserve every happiness and comfort. You deserve to finally settle down and get a chance to just...be happy. I wish you both so much luck in this exciting new journey in your life," she said and stepped off the stage. She sat back down at the table and El hugged her tight.

"Thank you," she said quietly. When she turned around from her hug with Max, she saw Hopper up on the stage.

"El, I'd like to start by telling you that I am so proud of you. You've grown up into such an incredible and intelligent young woman. The day I found you in the woods when you were cold and hungry and took you in was the day I felt complete again. You may not be my biological daughter, but you're my daughter. That's why I went all crazy on Mike and threatened him and stuff and caused your guys' breakup. But I see now I had no reason for that. I thought he was corrupting you or he would hurt you. But he hasn't, and I know he never will. First all, because I'm the chief of police. Second of all, because he loves you. So Mike, it's your turn to care for her. You've always been good at that, so don't stop now, or ever. Be good to her. I'm trusting you with her," Hopper said. El grabbed a tissue and wiped her eyes and got up and hugged Hopper tight.

"Thank you..." she choked out.

"I love you kid," he said.

"I love you too," she said. Then Karen stepped on the stage with Ted.

"First of all, welcome to the family El. You're an amazing young lady and we're happy to have you. And Mike, we're so proud of you. You became an amazing man and you impress us every single day. You're smart, kind, funny, and simply incredible. And we're so happy that you found the girl of your dreams. We know you will continue to impress us every day in your future, in your academics, your marriage, your career...everything. We love you. And we want to propose a toast. To Mike and El, and their bright future as individuals and as a couple!" Karen said. Mike and El held their glasses up and looked at each other with tearful eyes, though they were smiling.

Dustin got on the stage and to the microphone. He wanted the DJ job, so he got it.

"Alright, it's time for the newlyweds' first dance," he said. Mike blushed and stood up and held his hand out to El. She took it gingerly and he led her out to the dance floor. She put her arms around his neck and he put his hands on her waist and "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin started. El felt everyone's eyes on her and Mike, watching them have their first dance. And surprisingly, it didn't bother her. She brought on of her hands down and laid it on his chest, so he brought one hand up and laid it over hers, right over his heart.

"I love you with my whole heart El Hopper...or should I say now Mrs. El Wheeler," he said and smiled down at her. She looked up at him, resting her chin on his chest.

"I love you too Mike Wheeler. And I'm so lucky to call you my husband," she said. He leaned his head down and kissed her delicately. The song ended just then, and everyone applauded.

"Now we welcome everyone to get out on the dance floor," Dustin said. Mike and El kept dancing together, swaying despite the upbeat, exciting music.

"I could stay like this forever," El said.

"Me too. But our honeymoon will be even better. I don't know where we're going, it was yet another surprise from my parents. I just know we're catching a plane at like 5am, so we won't sleep much tonight," Mike said.

"That's okay. Just as long as the first thing I can do is shower and put on some comfy clothes. I love being a princess, but man do these heels hurt and this dress is hot. I'm sweating," El said and laughed.

"Well when we get home I'll take that dress right off of you," he said and chuckled.

"Please do," she said and blushed with a little giggle.

"For now, let's get you a seat for a minute and a drink to help you cool off," he said. They walked over to their table and El sat down and Mike got her some cold water. She gulped it down and then stood back up and walked back out to the dance floor.

"Are you coming or what?" She asked with a smile. He chuckled at his pistol of a wife and followed her onto the dance floor. She was a handful for sure, but she was worth it. She was worth everything.

Mike and El danced together the entire reception. El had a father-daughter dance with Hopper, and Mike had a dance with his mom.

"I'm really glad you're happy, El. It's been a long time coming. And after everything that you've been through, you deserve it. And I hate to admit it, but Mike deserves you. He's a great man, and I'm sorry I ever tried to come between you two," Hopper said.

"You're forgiven. Thank you...for everything. He's going to take care of me. You know he will," El said.

"I do know that. Trust me, I know," he said and glanced over at Mike as he walked back over.

"Mind if I steal my lovely bride back for one last dance before this night ends?" Mike asked.

"Not at all," Hopper said and passed her hand to Mike just as he had before they'd actually gotten married. El smiled wide at Mike as he pulled her into his arms and spun her around.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," El said and kissed him. At the end of the song, they stepped onto the stage and Mike put his arm around El's waist.

"Excuse me everyone...um...we'd just like to thank everyone for joining us today. It means a lot to us that you took the time to be here. Two families came together today with love. And this is the start of a beautiful journey for El and I. So thank you, again, for the support, and I hope we can have your continued support as long as we live," Mike said. Everyone applauded and Mike took El's hand as they walked off the stage. They walked through the crowd, getting some final congratulations as they walked by. The crowd of people started to leave and the cleanup crew they'd hired started to move in.

"I'll see you in a few days," El said and hugged Max, Joyce, and Hopper. Mike hugged his parents and friends and once again snaked his arm around El's waist. He opened the car door for her and made sure her dress was out of the way before he got in and they drove back to his house to get stuff around for their honeymoon.

•••••

Mike shut his bedroom door and El sighed and kicked off her shoes.

"I am so glad to be out of those damn shoes! Get this dress off of me!" She said with a laugh. Mike walked over and unzipped the back of her dress and as she shrugged it off he ran his fingertips up and down her arms softly and placed soft kisses on her shoulders. She let out a sigh and a smile spread on her face.

"What's on your mind?" Mike asked.

"Us," she said. He turned her around and kissed her and she kissed back, smiling the entire time.

"My beautiful wife," he said with a dorky, lovesick grin.

"My handsome, adoring husband. I'm going to shower. I've gotta cleaned up," El said and kissed him one more time.

Even after they both got cleaned up and into comfier clothes, they got lucky enough to still have a couple hours to sleep before they had to go to the airport. So El climbed into the bed beside Mike.

"You're the best husband a woman could ask for," she muttered.

"And you're the best wife any man could ask for. I love you," he said and kissed her.

"I love you too," she said back and snuggled up to his side. She could spend ever moment of her life just laying by his side. And now that they were married, she could.