Proposal

(Age: 21)

"So where are we all going tonight?" Max asked as she pushed El into a chair and pulled out her big box of makeup and skincare and products.

"I have no idea," El said, taking a drink from her wine glass.

"But this was Mike's idea wasn't it?" Max asked.

"Yea, but I don't know where we're going. He told me it's a surprise for all of us. Only he and Lucas know."

"Wait, Lucas knows?!" Max asked. She laughed and clapped her hands together. "No wonder he's been acting so strange when I bring it up! He's been hiding something! But no matter, I'm going to make you look gorgeous!"

El smiled and closed her eyes as Max brushed some eyeshadow onto her eyelids. She felt like the makeover lasted an hour. And when she checked the time, she realized that's because it did last for an hour.

"You brought your outfit right? Mike told you to dress up?" Max asked. (Their outfits are pictured at the top at the start of the chapter)

"Yes I did. You've got something nice to wear too right?" El asked.

"Well of course! You already know it!" Max laughed. She reached into her closet and pulled out a red pencil dress that went down to her knees with a golden clutch and golden heels, as well as some gold dangle earrings and a chain necklace.

"Oh that's hot!" El said and ran her fingers over the dress.

"So what are you going to wear?" Max asked, laying her dress on her bed. El jumped up and reached into her bag and pulled out a white dress with light pink and black flowers on it and some black heels that lace up around her ankles and pink clutch that matches the flowers on the dress. She had some black dangle earrings and a black and white pearl bracelet.

"Oh my goodness El that is beautiful!" Max said and took the dress from her hands and held it up.

"It was actually Joyce's choice," El said.

"Well she has great taste. Come on we've gotta get dressed now so we're ready when the guys get here," Max said. Max got dressed first and El fanned herself when Max walked out.

"Girl you look hot! And I can say that because I'm your best friend. The red really compliments your skin tone and your hair. So does the gold. It's perfect," El said.

"Thanks. It's your turn, get in there and get dressed," Max said, shoving El in the bathroom. She slipped her dress on and then sat on the edge of the tub to tie lace her shoes up. She took her hair out of her bun that she'd put up so she could have her makeup done. Her hair was wavy and it fell down around her shoulders. Man it had grown out over the years. She stepped out of the bathroom and Max gasped.

"You look beautiful!" Max said.

"You think Mike will like it?" El asked, blushing and tucking hair behind her ear.

"El, he's going to love it," Max said. There was a knock on the door and the girls looked at each other with wide eyes. They grabbed their purses and stepped into the living room and saw Max's mom, Susan, standing in the open door, talking to the boys. Mike's heart skipped a beat when he saw El. She walked up to him and he handed her the rose in his hand.

"You look...wow...you're stunning," he said. El smiled wide and kissed him softly, leaving a little bit of her strawberry lip gloss on his lips.

"Max, you look hot," Lucas said.

"Thanks," she said and smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Well, ladies, why don't we get doing?" Mike said. Mike took El's hand and they went out the door, following Lucas and Max.