Chapter 38: Second Thoughts

Jimin's eyes met with the alpha as he let out another sob before hugging him once more, happy to see that his king was awake after hours of keeping his eyes closed. Taehyung tilted his head and smiled at the couple reuniting after he helped along with his father to aid the king's wound. The sight Taehyung had over the two was heartwarming, being able to see Jungkook and Jimin's relationship up close, was enough to make him long for a love like this for himself.

"Oh Jungkook, you scared me!" Jimin cried and refused to release the alpha so the king could get a look into his eyes once again. "I-I thought I was going to lose you!"

"Ngh- Jimin," groaned the king. Running his hand to the center of his wounded chest to soothe the feeling just over the wrapped bandages. "I... I didn't... I didn't want to... leave...you..." Jungkook managed to whisper softly and then close his eyes tightly after.

"Shh... don't say another word, all you have to do is rest now, okay? If it hurts to talk, then only look at me and give me one of your beautiful smiles I adore so much," Jimin assured and kissed the king's forehead softly.

The omega knew how much pain Jungkook was in and could only wish to take half of it for himself just so the king wouldn't suffer alone. Jimin sat right by the king over the wide bed and held his hand while the king gave a weak smile to his omega. The king was paler than before after losing so much of his blood but now, he was able to stay strong at the sight of his partner. Since the king himself couldn't muster enough energy to speak, he only looked into the eyes of the one who anticipated every curve to his perfect smile even if he didn't have enough energy to do that.

"I managed to make it here because of Taehyung's father, he's the doctor that saved your life too!" Jimin whispered to his alpha and smiled before looking to his best friend from across the wide bed.

"I'm glad you are doing okay, My King," Taehyung assured and bowed at Jungkook laying over the bed. The young alpha smiled and turned his face away, longing to laugh and say something, but he knew if he could, a sharp pain would surface over his chest. "It will be better if you stay in bed for a week, no need to attend any selections, I bet that must be good news for you both, hm?"

"Ah, stop making him want to laugh! He's in pain," Jimin cooed and looked down at Jungkook once more. Caressing his face and looking him in the eyes once more. "You should stay in bed, don't worry about me, worry about yourself and your health."

"Jim-"

"Shh... I will be alright, I have this," Jimin answered and pulled his sleeve down to reveal the ribbon hugging his wrist. "I feel at ease just having this here by my side."

"Come on Jimin, he needs more rest. I think we should go now," Taehyung mentioned and looked at the silent head guard once more before looking at the older omega over the bed. "Let's leave now."

Suddenly Jimin felt the king's hand grip onto his wrist, showing that he wanted his omega to stay. On the other hand, Jimin knew if he did, Jungkook wouldn't get the rest he truly needed. Jimin softly placed his gentle fingers over his alpha's knuckles and leaned in to give it a peck. Knowing how clingy Jungkook would get any other second.

"No, I can't stay. As much as I want to stay with you and wake up to your charming face, I can't. I value you too much to see you suffer any longer during recovery because of me. Learn to be patient, and I will see you soon."

With the sound of Jimin's soothing voice sounding as close to a harp strumming the strings made of gold, Jungkook sighed carefully and released the omega with the only grip he had from the burst of energy. The color around the boy's nose grew red and his eyes grew testy and puffy with the thought of not being able to see Jimin at all after his injury. Jimin was his true remedy and the crisp air to his lungs. There was no way he would be able to pull through the week without feeling an ache over his heart.