Chapter 27: The Second Task

*Tanins POV*

    The cold wind was brushing against my skin as I stood on the open platform over the Blake Lake. The boys had just wished me 'good luck' before I walked over to join the other champions. Viktor Krum had no expression, he seemed fairly confident. Fleur looked rather terrified. I gave her a hug of reassurance before she went over to take her spot. Cedric walked up to me and gave me a smile. I eagerly gave him a hug. He started to rub my back whispering words of encouragement into my hair. Soon he left me as well and took his place. I didn't acknowledge Harry, as he seemed lost in his own thoughts.

I reluctantly walked over to my starting place. I looked over to the towering platform next to us and saw a crowd of students starting to quiet down as the announcements had started. Dumbledore asked us to remove our attire and prepare to dive.

The boys simply removed their jumpers and had a tank top that had their last names on the back like a jersey. They paired these with a pair of black swim trunks. Once again I am jealous of the boys uniform. I had a robe wrapped around me, and so did Fleur. We both made eye contact and I could tell we were both thinking the same thing about the uniforms.

She was first to start slipping off her robe, revealing her perfect, mature body. She was wearing a simple light blue one piece that fit her better than it could anyone else. The crowd let out hoots and hollers. Merlin this is so embarrassing.

I quickly dropped my robe, hoping people would still have their attention on Fleur's perfection. Sadly I was wrong. People were always catcalling towards me now. That was until Draco and Zabini got a hold of a few of them, they all quickly shut up.

I was wearing a black one piece with slytherin green lining on the back. Not the most attractive swimsuit, but I'm in the middle of a tournament for Salazar's sake, clothing is the last thing on my list right now.

With me standing next to Fleur, you could definitely see the difference between the age and maturity levels. I still wasn't as filled out as she was, she looked like a woman. I had lost my train of thought till I heard dumbledore instruct us to take our stance.

I could feel my body heat up from nerves. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the canon.

*BOOM*

Everyone jumped in but Harry, I saw him take a Gillyweed, which I knew could be painful. I quickly put a bubble head charm around my head as my body was adjusting to the cold water.

My body adjusted before everyone else, I guess the boys did actually help me. I started to swim down, which was a bit difficult. I'm definitely not the best swimmer, I was truly an underdog in this challenge.

I was struggling through some seaweed before I saw anyone else. Krum was the first person I saw, he seemed to have transfigured. He was swimming extremely fast, I bet he'd win the challenge. Harry also seemed to be swimming well. Cedric and Fleur also had the bubble head charm so we weren't as fast.

My body tired quickly, I could tell I was behind as I heard spells being casted in front of me. Once I finally found the others Krum was already at the top of the water with who looked to be Granger. Are we rescuing our friends?

I finally saw the others trying to defend off a few Grindylow as well as the people who needed to be rescued. I am scared to examine their faces and find the one meant for me. I scanned quickly, I saw red hair, that was Ron who I knew was meant for Harry. I saw the beautiful blonde hair of Fleur's little sister. Then the long black hair of Cho Chang, obviously Cedric's. Then I laid eyes on the last person. I should've noticed this person was missing this morning, I feel guilty that I hadn't.