4🦋

I couldn't wait to get home

I couldn't wait to get home. I'm so tired and it's been a long day. I was sitting at my desk looking at paperwork but daydreaming.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Melly said.

"Cya tomorrow Melly." I smiled.

Joyce walks up to my door. "You ready to get out of here?"

"Oh more than ready Joyce." I smile and grab my bag and keys and follow her out the door.

"See you tomorrow Avah!" Joyce waves and heads to her car.

I stop by my car and unlock it and look around. I feel like I'm being watched. Such a creepy feeling. I unlock my car door and jump in my mini cooper and lock the door.

I love living in oak island near the beach but not too close. My apartment isn't on the water but that would be nice even though I can see the water from my building.

I make it upstairs and throw my crap down on the table and walk to the kitchen for something cold to drink. It's such a hot day out.

I go jump in the shower and put on some comfy clothes and go make some ramen noodles.

My phone rings over in my purse and I walk over to answer it.

📞Hello?

📞Hey Avah how's it going?

📞Hey mom! About to sit down and eat something how are you?

📞I'm making it. I just wanted to hear your voice.

📞I will come by and see you tomorrow ok?

📞Ok sweetie I'm counting on it.

📞Ok cya after work. I love you.

📞Love you too Avah bye.

I feel bad I haven't been over to see them in a week or so. My mom has breast cancer and hasn't been feeling well lately.

My dad tries to stay busy so he doesn't have to deal with it. I'm so happy to have them both in my life. They adopted me when I was four months old.

My real parents were killed in a car accident and my older sister was raised by more family while I was gave up. I don't know her not even her name and I'm ok with that.

I sit down with my ramen noodles and watch a little tv. That's how I plan to end the night out.

I zone out watching tv and think about Levi Reece. He's the sexiest man I've seen in a while. But he did say he had people at home to keep him in line.

He's probably married or has a girlfriend. Oh well, I can't look at him that way he's my client.

I finish off my noodles and try to come up with a game plan of how to push Levi and make him work harder to walk on his own again.

I cut the lights off and head to bed hoping I can sleep tonight. I've been really tired lately.

When the alarm goes off the next morning I get up and put a little gel in my short curly locks that I can't do anything with and throw on my scrubs and a little makeup and head out the door and down to my car.

Doesn't take long to get to the progressive therapy center. It's not even a ten-minute drive from my apartment. I pull up around the same time as Levi and his brother.

I get out and walk over to the passenger door where Levi's brother is taking the walker to. "Good morning guys! Here Levi let me help you."

"Avah your not on the clock yet I can make it." He said as he slid out of the truck.

"It's no problem." I smile a bright smile at him and grab ahold of his arm.

When we walk inside I smile at Joyce and tells her to sign Levi on in please as I walk him back to my area.

"You didn't have to do that but thanks. It's hard sitting and standing a lot." He said.

"I could imagine so. Let's get you up on the table and stretch out your legs." I said.

He tries to get on the table and I help him. "So does your brother help you at home?" I ask.

"Gray? No, he lives next door with his wife and children but Violet is a big help." He said.

"Violet? Is that your wife?" I ask.

"No, I'm not married. Violet is my ten-year-old daughter." He smiled.

"Oh, I could imagine she's a big help then." I smile.

"She is but she just turned ten and at that stage where she's too old for this or that." He rolls his eyes.

"Oh haha, already a teenager before the age huh?" I laugh.

"You got it. My sister in law is a Godsend she cooks with her and stuff. She's been in our lives since Violet was six. I'm thankful for them since I can't get around much." He said.

"Oh, I could imagine. My mom taught me to cook when I was young. I can make a few things." I laugh.

"Oh Violet she can make all sorts of things but her specialty with Remi is cookies." He said.

"Yum who don't love cookies," I smirk as I stretch out his right leg.

"I'm no wuss but that burns like a mother." He winces.

"I'm sorry it has to be done," I said picking up his left leg.

"I get it." He said closing his eyes.

I worked his leg gently and watched his face and he had sweat beads popped out on his head.

I stopped what I was doing and walked over and got him a paper towel. "Here your sweating hard," I said.

"Thanks, Avah." He said.

God the way he said my name put goosebumps on my arms. I turned around and tried to gather myself before turning back around.

"Do you think I can see your staples?" I ask.

"Sure if you want but it's not pretty." He laughed.