Prologue

Taehyung POV

I am looking out the window of the top story floor down to the fancy house across the street.
I promised the boys I would only watch and observe, but for the last two days, my feet have been itching to walk over there, climb the high fence and meet the newcomers.

Especially the girl.

She was pretty, with long black hair and the sweetest, innocent blue eyes.
Delicate and small like a flower, her movements constantly smooth and elegant, her smile always on point.

She would be so easily broken.
Looking at her now, I am not sure what I want more.
To protect her or watch her break.

Such a sweet, gentle wealthy rich girl.

She eats dinner with her parents, never disagrees with them and always has her nose in some book.

Well behaved.
Diligent.

In the week since we started observing the house, she hasn't once displayed any kind of misbehaviour.
She doesn't sneak out, doesn't drink and even goes out of her way to help her parents unpack and clean.

The mother is always cleaning or cooking, to an extend that makes me think she has some form of OCD.
Much like her daughter, she reads a lot, mostly fashion magazines and art books and I never saw her anything but calm.

Except when they have visitors.
Then, she suddenly turns into a completely different person: all bright smiles and laughs, like a bee swirling around flowers... or more like a wasp, annoying and pretty useless.

The father is gone most of the time, leaving the house early in the morning, dressed in a fine, dapper suit and comes home just shorty before dinner, looking just as dapper.

Hatred rises up in me whenever he see him, and I could barley hold himself back from punching that happy smile off his face last time.
I absolutely loathed seeing them sit at a table together, smiling, talking and eating expensive food from even more expensive silver-ware.

But while it might seem like the perfect life for some, I can't help but feel pity on the girl.
What a boring life she has...
And if you look just a little closer at this apparent paradise of her life:

She smiles a lot, but never laughs.
Just pleasant, content smiles that slip from her face the moment she's alone again.
Like all she does is pretend.

I wonder what her real laugh sounds like.
How it might lighten up those blue eyes of hers.

If anything, the house seems more like a pretty prison, trapping a beautiful but sad princess.

A slow smile spreads on my lips.

Because I am about to change that.
Change her.

She is definitely my type when it comes to her looks but I don't do good girls like her.
They always run away crying and screaming when they see my true self beneath.

But this girl... perhaps she hides more than just a real smile.

Changing her is a challenge I cannot wait for.
It tickles in my blood, had me restless for days and coming out here night after night, watching her.
Observing her.

But for now, I should wait and just gather the information we need.
After all, I am supposed to be here strictly on business.

Why is it then, that I just cannot shake the feeling, that this is going to be so much more?

________________________________

Stalker Tae activated!