⫣43⫦ Out of Breath

Little warning: It's about to get hot.

___________________________________________

I hit the mat with a loud bang, my vision blurring for a second and I let out a groan.

I stopped counting the times I was knocked down.
It was too many.

Slowly I rise to my knees again, then push up with my hands, taking the fighter stance again.

Jungkook in front of me looks barely out of breath, jumping from one foot to another with his comfortable, baggy clothes.

We're outside on the southern training field as they called it, a training matt laid out over the grass and the other boys had taken seats around us, watching me and Jungkook fight with beers and cigarettes in their hands, like this is their every Friday night.

Okay.
Maybe fighting isn't the right word.

More like getting the living shit beaten out of me.

Jungkook might be the youngest of the group, but boy, does he have a strength!

I stand no chance once he has a grip on me.

I stare at his large frame, his black hair bouncing in perfect waves on his head, like it's mocking me.
It seems like a mystery to me, how he can have the face of a cute little bunny, with a carefree smile and glittery eyes, but manages to make me look like a five year old when he knocks me down with a single move.

My entire body feels like one big bruise, my bones aching and muscles screaming in protest.
But I get up again anyway.

"Giving up yet?" Jungkook teases, jumping lightless in the air, showing me just how little effort this "fight" took him.

I grind my teeth.

"You wish," I spit out.

His eyes turn feral.
In the blink of an eye, the cute little bunny is gone like he never existed- only this killing machine that was made out of muscles and speed and training.

He is on me before I can take a single step back.
Blindly I punch out.

As easy as grabbing a bottle of Soju, he catches my wrist, pulls me forward and makes me stumble over his outstretched leg, causing me to go down yet again.

I let out a frustrated scream, hitting the matt with my bare fist.

"How is this supposed to be teaching? I get it! You're stronger than me!"

Jungkook chuckles, looking down at me, the sun hitting his face so that he looks almost ethereal, his black hair falling in his face.

He reaches out a hand to help me up, but just like the last times, I smack it away and get up by myself.

My back is a screeching mess of pain.
Getting a tattoo might have been a bad idea, considering the timing at least.

Still, I won't give up.