⫣2⫦ Hello, Boys

Everyone: Say hi to Lian:

(Uhh, so sweet...)

____________________________________________

I walk into the classroom, a step behind the teacher.

The class is loud, and the students are shouting, throwing papers and laughing.

I almost falter a step.
I'm not used to this.

In my old school, the girls usually sat and talked quietly, always portraying the regal and cultured young woman of posh parents, wealth spewing out of their fingertips and their arrogance knowing no limits.

Only when the class finally notices the teacher do the voices ebb down and students drag themselves slowly to their seats with little groans.

They settle down, and finally notice me, all eyes directed at the new girl standing behind the teacher.

I feel uncomfortable at all their stares, my hands fiddling in front of me, but I try to keep my back straight as I stare at nothing in front of me, hoping to get this over with quick.

The teacher makes me stand at the front then and introduce myself.

My voice wavers a bit, and I bite my lip nervously.

"Hi, my name is Lian Cheol. I am a transfer from Daegu. Please take care of me."

I bow to my waist and then breath out relieved when I get to take a seat.
A girl near the back shoots me a big smile and waves me over.

I am a bit surprised at the friendly welcome, but I only smile and take a seat beside her.

"Hi, I'm Momo. It's nice to meet you Lian," she beams at me the moment my ass hits the chair.

She has long dark hair which parts into two pony tails with bangs hanging into her forehead.
The result is cuteness overload, so much, it makes her appear child-like, yet her smile seems sincere.

I nod, still feeling a little uncomfortable though.
Why, I can't say.

"Nice to meet you too, Momo. Thanks for letting me sit here."

"No problem. I'm actually really excited to have a new classmate."

I feel relieved as I unpack my things and the class starts.
Considering everything, this is a good first start to my new life.

I kept my introduction short, didn't embarrass myself and already met a friendly person.
It couldn't have gone much better actually.

That is until the classroom door bangs open and two boys come sprawling in, both tall and striking, soda cans in their hand and their bags lazily thrown over their shoulders.

The class grows silent and even the teacher stops lecturing for a moment.
The stillness in the air is almost uncanny as the two boys slender in like they're used to it, not even the slightest sign of apology on their faces.