⫣51⫦ False Appearances

The next few days are a roller coaster ride with ups and downs.

My parents, as I suspected, are overprotective, watching my every move.
It makes it harder to meet my boys.

I only manage to go to the camp once on Wednesday when I use the math team as an excuse again.
And since we only have limited time, we use it to go through the plan on Friday and some more training.

At least I get to see Jungkook, Jimin and Tae at school.

While I have to keep up the rouse of innocent, sweet Lian from the past, Taehyung makes sure to remind me who I really am when he sneaks me off during breaks.
And then he shows me just how nasty I like it.

He takes me against the book shelve where he had first told me I'm a bad girl beneath.
He has to put a hand over my mouth to keep me silent, because otherwise, the entire library would have heard just how good he feels inside me.

Then there is that one time in the teachers office during lunch break.
Taehyung doesn't hold back, being rough with me, shoving me against the desk and letting me know just how crazy I make him and how much he wants me.

I can never get enough of this.
I want him- all the time.

It's torture to have him sit in the back of the class when I still remember the way he likes to hold me down, touches my skin, gets rid of those annoying clothes and fucks me so hard, I forget my own name.

Every second I'm not with him or one of the others, I miss them.
I feel alone and cold, like nothing else but their presence can light up my life.

At home it becomes harder and harder to put on the show, fake smiling until my face hurts, nodding and keeping my voice down until I feel like screaming and trashing the whole house.

On Thursday my mother proudly presents me the dress for the next day.
Thankfully, if she is one thing, it's consistent.

It's a soft pink again, modest with long sleeves and a wide skirt that falls to the floor and to my great relive, covering my entire back.

At night I stand in front of the mirror, staring at my tattoo, reminding me that soon, all this will be over and I can truly spread my wings and fly with BTS.
Be free.
Be myself.

Just looking at my father becomes harder and harder.
Every time the pale, dead faces of the women he let die and whose death he used as a personal career boost flash in front of my eyes.

I can't help it.
I hate him.
I dream about bringing him down.

And sometimes, I dream even worse things.
Things that both scare me and send a wave of relieve through me.

I push the memory of those dreams far into the back of my mind.
I might be a little violent, but I'm not a murderer.

My father will get justice for what he has done- by going to prison.

Thursday night I barley manage to find any rest, tossing and turning, thinking about the next day.

The mission is risky and will involve me being a distraction again.
Somehow this has become my role amongst them.

Not only does it feel like I'm a part of them, but a vital part as well.
I draw the attention in order for the boys to do their thing.

I go through the plan in my head again and again:
Pretend not to know Jung Hoseok, find Park Seo-Joon, distract him long enough for J-Hope to put a sedative in his drink and when he starts feeling drowsy, draw attention to me again in order for Hoseok to get the spaced out Seo-Joon into one of the rooms in the mayor's house to search him, question him and find out everything he knows.

One mistake and everything would turn to shit.
We only have that one chance.

But we'll make the best of it.

Because we're BTS

***

"Mr. And Mrs Cheol, welcome to my home. And this must be your lovely daughter."

My parents flank me, smiling broadly at the Mayor of Seoul as he greets us.

We are outside, the lawn neatly cut and shining in a bright green.
Tents have been drawn up, shielding us from the sun and offering tables and drinks, the music calming and not too loud in order for the people to form small groups and chatter the evening away.

I turn to the mayor too, feeling ridiculous and trapped in the pink dress as I force a smile on my lips.

"Mayor Kim, it's an honor to be invited," my father says, shaking his hand with a charming smile.
Who would suspect the monster hiding beneath?

Either the mayor is just as good an actor as my father, or he truly isn't involved in the killings of the prostitutes as he smiles wide and open.

To be fair, I no longer trust anyone.
No one but my family.