⫣11⫦ Teach Me

"I guess the fun has to end now, princess," Taehyung announces just as I'm getting up to dance again.

"What? Why?", I ask, wondering what he's got planned next.
But all he does, is hold out his wrist and point down.

I follow his gaze- and turn still.

"Shit!", I exclaim as I take a look at the wrist watch- and the time it's displaying.

"I have to be home in an hour!"

Even though so much happened in just one day, it felt like the day passed in the blink of an eye- and the truth is, I'm not ready to go yet.
But the thought of my father coming home and looking for me, only to find me missing lets that thought pass very quickly.

He would be worried sick.
And then get so mad, I might be grounded for the rest of my life.

I'm no longer the old Lian, but I won't do that to my parents.
Whatever is going on inside me, I can't let them know.
Not yet.
Perhaps not ever.

But I cannot keep living as I did.
Not when I now know what fun and freedom feels like.

"I guess we should leave then," I simply say and to my surprise, Taehyung doesn't try to convince me to stay.
He just nods and turns to the boys.

"I'll get her home and come back- shouldn't take more than an hour."

He already went to retrieve his things, but I stand frozen as the others stop their dancing and turn to me.

"Shame you have to leave so soon," J-Hope says with honest regret.

"But you'll come with us again, won't you, Lian? You just had to much fun, right?" Jimin asks with that sexy, seductive smile of his.

I want to say yes, but some of the reality has settled back, now that I'm reminded of what I'm doing, no longer drunk on the feeling of pure joy.

"Now, now, boys. Just let her sleep over it.
There is no rush for her to make a decision right now," RM throws in, and I shoot him a thankful smile.

My gaze flies to Suga, who only smiles at me like he knows exactly what I'm going to choose.

"As if she could resist such handsome boys like us," Jin just adds, taking a sip from his cup while winking at me.

"Guess I'll see you at school tomorrow then?" Jungkook throws in with a grin, as if he can't wait for it.

There're a lot of things I want to say, but all that I can get out is:
"Yeah, see you."

Then Taehyung grabs my hand and pulls me away.
Away from the warmth of the fire and the laughter and smiles of the boys.
I would have felt empty if not for Taehyung's hand in mine.

We walk in silence, my feet sometimes stumbling over things in the dark.
But Taehyung seems to know the way perfectly as he leads me back to the car.
Only when we already stand in front of the pick-up truck does a thought occur to me.

"Wait- Taehyung do you even have a drivers license?"

Even in the dark I can see that wicked, little smirk.

"Do I look like someone who would have enough money to make one?
Or bother with the time?"

I want to smack myself- I should have known.

"But you do know how to drive, right?"

He just smiles again and throws his things into the back of the trunk.

"Of course I do. You think not having a drivers license would stop me?"