chapter 3 - daisuga

mid june

his phone buzzed twice in his pocket. it read, "be there in 10 : ) "

after weeks of worrying about him, suga was over the moon about their anniversary date. daichi still hadn't opened up that much to him lately, but suga did his best to trust that his boyfriend would come to him when he was ready. regardless, he was prepared to overcome the tension between the two of them so that they could enjoy their date.

suga ran downstairs, skipping a few steps and greeted his parents goodbye. daichi's car was waiting outside, right on time as usual. like the gentleman he was, daichi had gotten out of the car to open the passenger's side door for his boyfriend.

before suga stepped into the vehicle, daichi slipped his hand into the back pocket of suga's jeans and spun him around to face him.

"happy anniversary my love," daichi whispered. he caressed suga's soft pale cheek and tilted his head up to meet him in a kiss.

suga's cheeks were dusted with a gentle pink as he was flustered by daichi's spontaneity. but as soon as he felt daichi's lips on his own, his eyes closed on instinct while his body relaxed into daichi's embrace. suga wrapped his arms around daichi's neck as he tried to appreciate every second of his attention. it had been awhile since they last held each other so close since daichi had been so distant lately.

the two boys pulled away, their foreheads still pressed against each other and suga panting ever so slightly.

"happy anniversary," suga replied quietly. daichi gestured for him to get into the car, then walked around the front to the driver's side.

"buckled up?" daichi asked.

"yes, don't worry,"

"okay, okay just making sure."

"what do you have planned for us today, hmm?"

"all in good time my love. but first-" daichi pulled out a small flat box and handed it to suga.

suga took the box and untied the shiny blue ribbon, then carefully took the lid off. inside was a silver cuff bracelet. it was thin and simple, yet elegant. there was an engraving on the top in tiny cursive writing.

always.

"i wanted you to have a reminder of us...look, i-i know i haven't been the best boyfriend lately with everything that's going on at home with my parents, but kōshi...never forget that i love you always. no matter what happens and no matter how much time passes, i will always love you in one way or another. you will always have a place in my heart."

tears pricked the corners of suga's hazel eyes and his lower lip began to tremble. he slipped the cuff onto his wrist and looked up at his beloved.

"i-daichi sawamura, i love you so goddamn much. i don't know what i'd do without you and i am so lucky to have you in my life," suga choked out. daichi clasped suga's hand in his own and gave a gentle squeeze. the two lovers' eyes met in a deep gaze for a few moments before daichi spoke.

"okay now, let's get going babe. it's time to have some fun."

about 20 minutes later, the two boys arrived at the mall. daichi knew that his boyfriend loved shopping and walking around the mall for hours, but he had a few other things planned as well. he parked the car and looked over at the gray haired man who had practically threw himself out of the vehicle and was already hopping around anxiously, ready to go explore the mall.

daichi brought them to the bowling alley first. they paid for three games and bowling shoes for each of them and then made their way over to one of the lanes in the far corner of the space. daichi knew that suga sucked at bowling, but it wasn't like he was any better at it. however, he was planning on helping suga throw the ball just because he wanted to be a little romantically cliche today.