chapter 100 - daichi

without thinking twice, the captain found himself in front of the liquor cabinet.

"i'm sorry kōshi."

daichi grabbed a bottle of vodka and was about to shut the cupboard when he decided to take a bottle of whiskey as well.

he didn't bother trying to transfer the liquor into a less conspicuous container and instead went straight back up to his room.

he shut the door behind him, noticing the small photo album stashed underneath his bed as he walked in.

how could i have been so stupid? he was everything...

*trigger warning: mental breakdown, alcoholism, mentions of suicide*

daichi opened the bottle and took a few swigs of the clear harsh liquid, the burning sensation almost foreign to him after nearly two months of sobriety.

he squeezed his eyes shut and forced down more liquor, feeling his throat sting with each sip he took.

keep going...keep going until you feel nothing.

daichi was nearly half a bottle done with the vodka when he heard his phone ring.

i can't deal with anyone right now...

he chugged even more of the vodka.

daichi gasped suddenly, nearly choking from trying to swallow so much booze at once. he coughed a few times before his mouth met the bottle once again.

he felt his mind start to go fuzzy, his incoherent thoughts blending into one another. his vision became hazy and everything in front of him seemed to double.

he drank the last few drops of the vodka, nearly tripping on his own feet as his actions became careless and clumsy.

daichi sat down on his bed and opened the drawer of his nightstand. he took out the small box, tossing the lid to the side and taking the silver bracelet in his hand.

"i don't deserve you," daichi muttered to himself, tears forming in the corners of his eyes as he rubbed his thumb over the delicate engraving.

the captain took the bottle of whiskey next and opened it. at this point, each new sip of alcohol tasted like water the more intoxicated he was.

he picked up his phone, noticing 2 missed calls from suga.

i don't deserve you...i've hurt you too much.

daichi opened his messages and tried to text him.

"i'm sorry

"i'm sorry...kōshi...for everything."

the captain continued to drink, the amber liquid coursing through his veins as it took control of his body.

he attempted to stand, but with that much alcohol flowing through him, daichi could barely support his own weight.

i can't do this anymore.

i don't deserve to be here.

with suga's bracelet in hand, daichi stumbled towards his desk.

he felt something move beneath his foot, looking down at the floor as he slipped on the rug just before his table.

daichi reached out to try to grab ahold of something, anything to break his fall when suddenly he felt a large blow to his head.

with a heavy thud, daichi was on the floor, slipping in and out of consciousness. he reached up to touch his forehead, only to see his fingers smeared with red.

his vision was riddled with blurry images of his room, before everything finally went pitch black.