chapter 57 - daichi & suga

suga reread daichi's text again.

"i'm outside" what the hell? he's kidding right?

suga walked over to his bedroom window and sure enough, there was daichi's car.

the bright red rav-4 was parked slightly up the street from suga's house and suga could just barely see daichi hiding behind a tree in his front yard.

suga dialed daichi's number once more.

"daichi! what the hell?? i told you not to come here!" suga hissed.

"and i told you it was too late. are you okay? can you sneak out of the house?" daichi asked.

"i...i don't know."

"do you want me to leave?"

yes.

"no. stay...i'll get out somehow, just wait there for a bit?"

"alright. i'll be here."

suga ended the call and paced around his room several times.

why the fuck did i say no? shit...i'll tell them i'm going for a walk? or should i just sneak out the back door?

suga threw his phone at his bed, mentally scolding himself for giving in to his soft spot for daichi. he knew he still cared, but he didn't realize how weak he still was for his ex.

finally, suga decided on the back door. he grabbed a hoodie, put it on, and tiptoed downstairs, careful not to step on any of the old creaky floorboards.

his parents were still going at each others' throats to which suga cringed, trying not to let the stress get to his head. his eyes teared up again as he made his way to the back door, fear creeping through his entire body as he slipped through and made it outside.

suga closed the door behind him and turned around to see daichi standing there in front of him.

"kōshi..."

as soon as he heard his name roll off of daichi's lips in person, suga felt his legs go weak. the ash blond boy collapsed to his knees, the tears from earlier overflowing once again and streaming down his face.

daichi rushed to suga's side and picked him up. he wrapped his arms tightly around suga's smaller frame as suga buried his face into daichi's shoulder, soaking his jacket with tears.

"i-i'm sorry..." suga murmured softly.

daichi rubbed suga's back gently with one hand as his other ran through suga's mess of hair.

"don't apologize kōshi. nothing is your fault, okay? everything will be just fine, i promise," daichi tried to reassure him.

daichi knew exactly what to do and what to say to help suga calm down. even just his voice was enough to soothe suga's trembling body.

"do you want to sit down and talk about it?" daichi whispered quietly.

suga nodded into his shoulder, still sniffling.

the two walked towards daichi's car, but decided to take a stroll up the street instead.

"talk to me suga," daichi asked calmly.

"it was so bad...it was worse than they've ever fought...t-there was broken glass everywhere...m-my dad...he slapped me," suga managed to explain a bit.

for some reason, hearing this made daichi angry. he clenched his fist instinctively before he noticed and released it.

"what...what were they fighting about?"