chapter 91 - iwaoi

oikawa opened the front door to reveal iwaizumi standing there, holding out a white rose.

"why, hello there," oikawa smirked, pulling iwaizumi inside the house by the wrist.

"happy valentine's day tōru," iwaizumi whispered, placing a soft kiss on oikawa's lips.

"happy valentine's day hajime," oikawa smiled. "so, may i ask what you have planned for this ~special~ official first date of ours?"

"it's a surprise. but we have to leave now, so let's go," iwaizumi answered quickly.

iwaizumi practically dragged oikawa to his car which was parked in the driveway. it was a large black chevy silverado, a huge truck that honestly kind of suited iwaizumi's vibe regardless of his truly soft demeanor.

the couple got inside the truck and buckled their seatbelts before iwaizumi stuck the key in the ignition and started the engine.

"here, put this on," iwaizumi held out a bandana.

"a blindfold? kinky," oikawa gave him a sly grin.

"shush, later. i told you it was a surprise, now put it on!" iwaizumi playfully demanded.

oikawa complied as iwaizumi backed out of the driveway and began driving down the street. iwaizumi switched the radio on to which oikawa started singing along to.

"you should sing for me more often," iwaizumi chuckled.

"you wish," oikawa retorted, "now, are we there yet?"

"patience, babe. just a few more minutes," iwaizumi reached over and stroked oikawa's knee.

finally, iwaizumi pulled into a grassy field and put the car in park.

"you can take the blindfold off now."

oikawa untied the bandana from the back of his head to see a huge projector screen before them along with about 50 other cars parked around them.

"a drive-in movie??" oikawa asked excitedly.

"yep," iwaizumi smiled, pulling out a blanket from the backseat along with a bag of mcdonald's.

"you didn't," oikawa challenged.

"oh, but i did."

oikawa threw himself across the center console and onto iwaizumi, attacking him with kisses.

"that tickles!" iwaizumi giggled, swatting oikawa away.

"too bad," oikawa placed one more kiss on his lips.

the two got out of the truck and iwaizumi led oikawa to the truck bed. he unlatched the tailgate and helped oikawa up onto the platform. iwaizumi spread out the blanket and tossed oikawa one of his extra hoodies.

"you really thought of everything, huh?" oikawa teased, sitting down next to iwaizumi as they leaned against the back of the truck bed.

"everything, just for you."

"even the fries?"

"how could i forget?" iwaizumi smiled, pulling the carton of french fries out of the mcdonald's bag.

oikawa eagerly took the fries from iwaizumi, immediately stuffing a couple of them into his mouth. iwaizumi pulled out another carton of fries for himself and shushed oikawa as the movie started to play.

the sky had darkened already, the sun disappearing below the horizon. dark blues and purples peppered with shining silver stars spread throughout the nightsky, the moon rising with it and casting a soft glow down onto the scenery below.