chapter 89 - semi

it was finally saturday night.

semi found himself waiting by his front door, peaking out the window next to it every few minutes to check if terushima had arrived yet.

why am i so nervous? we just met...it'll be fine, right?

semi turned his back to the door and slid down to sit on the floor, his knees hugged to his chest. he buried his face into his legs, mentally scolding himself for jumping so quickly at the opportunity to hang out with terushima.

am i that desperate? i mean...valentine's day is tomorrow after all...god, i'm pathetic.

suddenly, the doorbell rang, startling semi from his thoughts. semi glanced out the window yet again, catching a glimpse of terushima's distinct blond hair.

quickly, the setter got to his feet, brushed off his clothes, and unlocked the door.

"hey," terushima ran his hand through his hair, "i hope you weren't waiting too long. i got held up at work."

"oh, n-no problem," semi stuttered, unable to stop himself from looking the johzenji captain up and down.

terushima wore ripped black jeans with a thick studded belt and a chain hooked to the loops. his shoes were bright white with neon green laces which matched his simple white v-neck t-shirt paired with an army green bomber jacket.

it was simple, yet oh so very attractive.

"semi...are you staring at me?" terushima grinned.

"oh god," semi looked away, trying to hide his blush.

terushima laughed before placing his hand on semi's shoulder.

"don't worry about it hot shot. you don't look too bad yourself," he teased.

semi's cheeks flushed even redder, but at this point he couldn't care less.

"so...what do you have planned for us tonight?" semi asked hesitantly.

"i wanted to take you out on the town. walk around, grab some food, get to know you a bit better...if you're okay with that?" terushima asked politely.

"oh...um...yeah, that's fine, i guess," semi tried to smile.

"semi...don't lie, you hate it, don't you?"

"okay, i don't hate it...i'm just not a fan of long outtings...i probably should've told you sooner, sorry," semi cringed.

"hey, that's okay. do you wanna stay in instead? we could order take out?" terushima suggested.

"oh, hell yeah. i have the house to myself this weekend so we can go up to the roof and eat? ooh! and then we can stargaze!!"

"sounds good to me hot shot," terushima smirked.

"c'mon in, i'll grab my computer so we can order the food."

terushima entered and took off his shoes before following semi to the living room. they sat down together on the couch as semi pulled out his computer and immediately began looking up menus to several different restaurants.

eventually, they settled on katsu curry and ordered, small talk between them filling the quiet environment of the room.

it had only been an hour, but semi had already taken such a strong liking to the second year, sensing that somehow terushima was reciprocating the same feelings.

finally, the food arrived and terushima paid for their meal at the door. they took the food upstairs and climbed up onto the roof through semi's bedroom window.