chapter 62 - bokuaka

"i'm off! bye kaashi, love you!" bokuto shouted throughout the penthouse.

akaashi didn't even bother to put on his clothes. he wrapped his towel around his waist and slid down the banister, hoping to catch bokuto before he left.

halfway down he heard the elevator doors shut.

damn it.

akaashi sighed and marched back up the stairs. he took his time getting dressed before ruffling through his dark locks with his towel.

another night alone...

the fukurōdani setter made his way into the kitchen and decided to start cooking his dinner. he grabbed all of the ingredients he needed and got to work.

he set his cutting board on the counter and sliced up an onion and some scallions. then, he cut some beef into thin strips.

he tossed the onions into a pan he heated up earlier with some oil and cooked them until they were soft. akaashi added the beef along with sugar, sake, mirin and soy sauce.

he mixed the contents of the pan then placed a lid on top before pulling out his phone while everything simmered.

should i call the setters? maybe one of them can facetime and keep me company? ugh, c'mon, i can just survive another night alone, right?

he shoved his phone back into his pocket before grabbing a bowl from the cabinet above. he scooped some rice into it and then checked on the beef. he mixed everything once more and then placed some of the meat on top of his rice.

he scooped the rest of it into a pyrex container and let it cool on the counter before grabbing an egg from the fridge and frying it in the pan. when it was done, he slid the egg on top of the beef and garnished everything with the green onion.

akaashi turned off the stove and placed the pan in the sink. he took a pair of chopsticks from the drawer and sat down on a barstool at the counter.

he placed his hands together.

"itadakimasu," he mumbled to himself.

he glanced over at the seat next to him. it was empty.

i miss eating dinner with him. he's always home late...

akaashi let out a heavy sigh and ate in silence. once he had finished, he set his bowl in the sink and took the pyrex container from the counter and sealed it, then placed it in the fridge for bokuto to eat later if he was hungry.

he stood over the sink and washed the dishes, his thoughts swirling through his head.

"he could be...cheating..." semi's words repeated over and over in his mind.

there's no way. kōtarō would never...i just have to trust him. he's never lied to me before.

akaashi finished up the dishes and dried his hands off. he made his way over to the white leather couches and threw himself across the smooth cushions.

without thinking, he dialed semi's number.

"semi?"

"sup keiji," semi answered through the phone.

"well...i just...i can't stop thinking about what you said the other night...at the sleepover?"

"that bokuto could be cheating?"

"yeah...that."

"okay, and what about it?"

"do you really think he might be cheating? or were you just joking?"

"he's definitely cheating keij-of course i was fucking kidding! sheesh, i was drunk, i was probably saying stupid shit and thinking out loud," semi joked.

"semi, seriously. i don't care if you were drunk or not. if the thought even crossed your mind, then it's definitely a possibility. you know how much i trust your judgment," akaashi answered steadily.

"alright, alright. it is a possibility, but i highly doubt it. i mean, bokuto loves you. like, would wait 10 years just to marry you kind of love. he is acting a bit suspicious, i'll agree with you on that, but have you tried maybe talking to him about it?" semi deadpanned.

"i-well, no..." akaashi trailed off.

"then, talk. to. him."

"i'll get around to it, i swear," akaashi assured him.

"mhm, sure. feel free to call or text me if you need help, okay?"

"i will. thank you semi," akaashi sighed and hung up the phone.

he turned on the TV and flipped through several channels before settling on HGTV. he wanted to wait up for bokuto so he could talk to him, but after a few hours of watching 'love it or list it,' akaashi slowly grew bored.

the setter nodded off every few minutes, his eyelids drooping under the weight of his own exhaustion. akaashi snuggled against the cool couch cushions, but he still tried to stay awake.

suddenly, akaashi felt someone drape a jacket over his body and lift him off the couch.

"kōtarō?" akaashi reached up and rubbed his eyes.

"shhh, keiji. go back to sleep," bokuto whispered.

"mmm...w-what time is it?" akaashi groaned.

"somewhere around 2 am."

"damn it...i tried," akaashi yawned, "to wait up for you."

"you don't have to do that babe. also, thank you for the gyudon, it was delicious," bokuto smiled down at the dark haired male.

"anything for you my love," akaashi mumbled sweetly as bokuto carried him into his room. the ace set akaashi down on the bed and pulled the covers up over his body.

"i'm going to shower now, okay? go to sleep, i'll join you soon," bokuto said quietly.

"awh wait, i wanted to talk to you about something," akaashi murmured.

"it's late keiji, we can talk tomorrow," bokuto kissed the top of his head and brushed a stray strand of hair away from his face, "now sleep, okay?"

"hmph...fine," akaashi complied, still half asleep as his deep cerulean-green eyes fluttered closed.

"i love you keiji."

"i love you too."