chapter 95 - semi

the ash blond dropped off his gym bag in his dorm after practice before leaving his room to go on a walk.

lately, the setter found himself wandering aimlessly around shiratorizawa, not quite knowing where he was going or why.

it was still cold outside as the bitter winter still hung in the thin air.

semi shoved his hands into his pockets and buried his face into his scarf. the harsh gusts of wind stung his cheeks, leaving them numb and red.

i should've worn a jacket over this sweater...

semi made his way around the entire campus twice, but soon grew bored as he strayed from the familiar territory and into the streets.

*trigger warning: homophobic language, violence*

after about an hour or so, semi found himself at johzenji. whether he realized where he was going or not, it was clear to him that his thoughts were still stuck on terushima.

"hey! what are you doing here, prep boy?"

semi turned his head to the sneering voice he heard behind him.

"you do realize you're at johzenji, right? why don't you go back to shiratorizawa with all your fancy dorms, huh?" another voice teased.

"sorry...i don't mean any trouble, i just got kind of lost," semi answered bluntly.

i don't have time for this bullshit.

"what are those are your face? piercings? sheesh, look at that stupid scarf too! what are you, a fag?" the first boy snarled.

"excuse me?" semi answered, his tone growing increasingly more annoyed.

"you heard him, what's a homo like you doing here? we don't like your kind here, punk!" the second one shouted.

"well, why don't you fuck off? i'm not causing any trouble, kid."

"kid? who the hell do you think you are?" the first student approached the setter.

before he knew it, a fist connected with semi's face, disrupting his balance and sending him stumbling backwards as he clutched his jaw.

semi spit into the ground.

blood?

semi tried to regain his footing, but before he could do so, he felt a knee bury into his stomach, knocking the wind out of him.

the setter doubled over, unable to breathe as the two boys came at him over and over.

all he could see was a blur of feet and fists, beating him into the ground.

"what the fuck do you think you're doing?!"

that voice...

semi groaned, his entire body aching in pain, but grateful that the blows had finally stopped.

"dude...it's terushima. we should go."

"shit, run!"

semi turned over onto his back, staring at the pale sky as he heard the fleeting rhythm of their hurried footsteps.

"semi?! holy shit, are you okay?" terushima leaned over the setter, propping his head up onto his knee.

"yūj-i mean, teru? what the hell?" semi's eye was swollen shut, a deep purple bruise already forming around it while blood trickled down his cheek from a cut on his forehead.

"shit...i'm taking you with me, c'mon," terushima helped semi to his feet and brought him to his car, gently placing him down in the passenger seat.

semi nearly passed out while the second year drove, his head still pounding with dizziness and his body screaming in agony.